1. 1 How to create an Android App WITH NO CODING OR TECH SKILLS CREATED BY:
2. 2 Create your Free App Builder account by visiting: AppInstitute 1. Create Your Free Account
3. 3 2. Log In to the App Builder Platform appinstitute.co.uk/cms Once you have created your account, log into the App Builder Platform with the username and password in your email confirmation Click here to read our Quick- Start Guide for more details!
4. 4 3. App Builder Facebook Wizard To help create your Android App, enter your business Facebook page and well auto grab content such as your images and business info into your App. Or, Skip this step to browse through our selection of business types.
5. 5 4. Select Your Business Type Select the business type that best suits your needs to create your App using one of our templates, or select Other to create your own.
6. 6 5. Youre Ready To Start Building! Follow our guide to launch your App in 3 easy steps! Customise your Appearance, add your Content and Publish your App!
7. 7 The Build menu contains all the steps necessary to build your App. 6. Building Your App Build Menu Use this menu to complete each step of your App Build: 1. App Appearance 2. Content 3. Publish App Editor Tool Bar Use this area to edit elements from each sub-menu within the Build section.
8. 8 8. How To Change Your Colour Scheme Your colour scheme lets you take full control of your branding. You are provided with 4 default colour schemes with your App template. Grab colour schemes from your website by entering your website URL. Change each colour element in your App by clicking the colour box by each option and choose your desired colour or enter the exact #hex colour code.
9. 9 9. Creating Your Splash Screen The Splash Screen is the first screen App users see when they open your App, so use this opportunity to promote your brand and make a lasting impression. Hover over the Splash Screen area and click on it to upload your Splash Screen from your desktop.
10. 10 10. Creating Your App Icon Your App Icon is displayed on your customers smartphones and its how users will recognise your App. The average number of Apps per smartphone is 26 and growing 15% year on year, so its important that your icon is easily recognisable. Hover over the App Icon area and click on it to upload your App Icon from your desktop. If you havent already got an App Icon, you can use these Logo Creators tools to create yours for FREE!
11. 11 11. Adding Tabs and Functionality Tabs add function to your App. Browse through all our available Tabs by clicking +Add Tabs in the right hand toolbar. Tabs are organised by type but you can also view by All. From here, simply click +Add to App to enable your chosen Tab. To learn more about each Tab, click the show example link. When you click +Add to App you will be directed to the Tab Editor where you can edit the content for that Tab. Check out this article on adding and editing Tabs in your App!
12. 12 12. Editing Tabs Hover over a Tab to display the pencil and X icons. Click the pencil icon to edit the Tab, or click the X icon to delete the Tab from your App. The Manage Tab window for your Tab will now open. Here you can edit the Tab Title, Icon and customise your content. Click Save to save your changes.
13. 13 13. Previewing Your App Preview your App at any time by switching from Editor to Preview mode. You can also hover your mouse over the phone icon to display a QR code. Scan the QR code with your smartphone or download our Preview App. Use the Members tab in the Preview App to scan the QR code or Login with the Username provided, leaving the Password blank.
14. 14 14. Publishing Your App Once your App is complete and youve previewed it to make sure youre happy with it, go to the Publish section. Here you need to choose your Package, either Starter, Premium or Professional. Then you need to fill in your Content Ratings and App Store information, such as App Name, Description, put it in a Category, and upload your App screenshots. If you want to charge for your App or be named as the developer, you need to use your own App Store Account to publish the App. For Android Apps, Google charge a one-off $25 signup fee to upgrade an existing Google account for app submission. For more information, download our Google Play Publisher Signup Guide.
15. 15 15. Marketing Your App Once your App is published on the App stores its time to start promoting it and get some downloads! Create your Promotional Landing Page on the App Builder within the Marketing section. Create your App download QR Code and Social Media posts to share your App. When a user clicks the Social Media link they are directed to your Promotional Landing Page where they can directly download your App on to their smartphone using the relevant link.
16. 16 Visit our website for more information AppInstitute.com Follow us on Social Media!