Cardiovascular disease(cvd)

  • Published on

  • View

  • Download

Embed Size (px)


  1. 1. Prepared By, Muntasir Ahmed A controlled carbohydrate lifestyle really prevents risk factors for heart disease. Robert Atkins MD. Sifat Ullah Sayed Fahmid Ahmed Cardiovascular Disease(CVD)
  2. 2. What Is CVD? Cardiovascular disease is a class of diseases that involve the heart, the blood vessels or both. Cardiovascular disease refers to any disease that affects the cardiovascular system, principally cardiac disease, vascular diseases of the brain and kidney, and peripheral arterial disease.
  3. 3. Cause OF Cardiovascular Disease 1. Heart defects you're born with (congenital heart defects) 2. Coronary artery disease 3. High blood pressure 4. Diabetes 5. Smoking 6. Excessive use of alcohol or caffeine 7. Drug abuse 8. Stress 9. Some over-the-counter medications, prescription medications, dietary supplements and herbal
  4. 4. Symptoms of heart disease 1. chest pain a sensation of pressure, tightness or squeezing in the centre of your chest 2. pain in other parts of the body it can feel as if the pain is travelling from your chest to your arms (usually the left arm is affected, but it can affect both arms), jaw, neck, back and abdomen. 3. feeling lightheaded or dizzy. 4. Sweating. 5. shortness of breath. 6. feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting).
  5. 5. Taking a fresh look at prevention Lifestyle changes: These include eating a low-fat and low-sodium diet, getting at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise on most days of the week, quitting smoking, and limiting alcohol intake. Medications: If lifestyle changes alone aren't enough, your doctor may prescribe medications to control your heart disease. The type of medication will depend on the type of heart disease. Medical procedures or surgery: If medications aren't enough, it's possible your doctor will recommend specific procedures or surgery. The type of procedure will depend on the type of heart disease and the extent of the damage to your heart.
  6. 6. CVD is a global disease The growing toll is most visible in Asias demographic giants, where the disease burden is converging with the US and Western Europe. Coronary heart disease and stroke are two of the top four causes of mortality in every region of the world outside of Africa.
  7. 7. Effects in developed countries Coronary heart disease and stroke remain the leading killers in every high-income region of the world. Developed countries have brought down their CVD burden in recent decades. CVD accounted for 43% of deaths in developed countries in 2010, down from 48% in 1990, according to the Global Burden of Disease study.
  8. 8. Effects in developed countries continued According to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), a rich world think-tank, over half the citizens of its member states are overweight or obese. Such self- induced risks, especially those that are obesity-related, have sparked concern that developed countries may even see a reversal in their declining levels of CVD.
  9. 9. Effects in developing countries Developing countries face a different challenge. Traditionally their CVD burden has been insignificant and it remains lower than in high-income states. Yet the burden is on an upward trajectory. The total number of deaths from CVD has been rising in developing countries by 13% in the last two decades. CVD caused a quarter of all deaths in 2010, up from 18% in 1990. Looking ahead, death from CVD will be more common in low- and middle-income countries than in high income ones by 2030, according to WHO projections.
  10. 10. Cardiovascular Situation In Bangladesh
  11. 11. Cancer 9% Chronic Respiratory 9% Diabetes 2% Other chronic disease 8% Communicable, maternal,and perinatal,nutrio nal deficiency 30% injuries 17% Cardiovascular Disease 25% Estimated Deaths by cause 30-59 Years, 2011 Bangladesh Cancer Chronic Respiratory Diabetes Other chronic disease Communicable,maternal,and perinatal,nutrional deficiency injuries Cardiovascular Disease
  12. 12. Prevalence of Cardiovascular Diseases in Bangladeshi Men and Women, Ages 20 and Older
  13. 13. Bangladesh is at risk of heart attack as BRAVE The BRAVE (Bangladesh Risk of Acute Vascular Events) revealed that the average age of among Bangladeshis to have heart attacks was 52 years with approximately 40% of all cases occurring in less than age 50 years. Bangladeshis are having heart attacks 10 year earlier than typical suffers of Western people 80% of heart patients are smokers and the rest of the 20% heart attack causes for consuming rice,sugar and red meats. The risks also increased for consuming arsenic water,junk foods, soft drinks and hard drinks.
  14. 14. Thank You For Your Attention!


View more >