Transmedia Storytelling for Filmmakers
New presentation on how filmmakers might approach transmedia storytelling and why it's important to them
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away
- Taking the audience on an emotional journey beyond the movie A journey that goes from moment moment in someones life to
- Robert Pratten CEO & Founder, Transmedia Storyteller Ltd
- The film business is dead. Long live filmmaking.
- The Internet and Mobile Revolution
- The audience has moved on
- Zack Braff Rob Thomas Spike Lee
- Good App Store Revenue Official site YouTube Poor piracy Poor Good Spread, Attention and Credibility
- DEVELOP IMPLEMENT MEASURE & MONITOR
- FEEL Gaming Role-playing Moral dilemmas, meaningful choices Role-play, provide building blocks Observing Exploring Reflection, consideration Exploring, discovering THINK DO What will the audience do? How will they be engaged?
- FEEL Gaming Psychophol experience Observing Role Playing Wastelander experience Tarot Cards Exploring Web Series THINK DO
- Producer (Jonathan Sothcott) Transmedia Producer (Robert Pratten) Graphic Design & Branding (BTL Brands) Feature Script (Simon Cluett) Psychophol Wastelander Tarot Cards Web Series (Cassi) (Berta) (Tara) (Robert)
- Marketing budget = $0 Production budget = $500 Total Net Kindle Revenue (2011) = $1748 Total shipments on Kindle Jan 1st to Dec 31st 2011 = 972 (retail price at Amazon.com $2.94) Number of people connecting to Lauren Ortega on email = 83 = 9% of total sales Video views of Episode 1 (Jan 1st to Dec 31st 2011) = 4727
- Nb: video views used as simple proxy for trend of social media activity. Wasnt the sole activity also included email, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Tipping point