1. Student engagement in and out of the classroom 25th June 2015 Using artefact building to engage students in reflective practice Dr Mary Fitzpatrick University of Limerick
2. Context Specialist Diploma in Teaching, Learning and Scholarship Participant profile Learning theory and reflective practice module Assessed via Teaching portfolio Teaching philosophy creates a mental block! Many lenses this regarded as more novel than others
3. Artefacts? Really?! Reflective practice? Teaching philosophy? Not for me!
4. Safe space Fun Process Individual activity Positive group dynamic Showcase and presentation Creativity Engagement
5. Outcomes for participants Insights into perspectives of others on teaching Clarity on own teaching philosophy how it has evolved, where it is now, where it can go! Many incorporate this activity into their own practice and disciplines