1. Top 10 Most Popular EMS Courses of 2014 BASED ON FEEDBACK FROM CLIENTS
2. Respiratory Emergencies Basic TargetSolutions respiratory emergencies basic course outlines the signs and symptoms of a patient with breathing difficulties. Also, identifies the major causes of respiratory distress and description of the emergency medical care for a patient with breathing difficulties. I thought this was one of the better EMS courses. It was the right information and length for an EMT.
3. Poisoning and Overdose This course highlights how poisons enter the body, the emergency care of poisoning or overdose, and the administration of activated charcoal for patients with poisoning or overdose. It will also discuss the emergency medical care for the patient with possible overdose and list various ways poisons enter the body along with signs/symptoms associated with poisoning. I liked this module. It was informative, educational, usable information for field use, and concise. I will retain this lesson.
4. Back Injury Prevention Once a back is injured, it is 3 to 5 times more likely to experience subsequent injury. Therefore, this training course focuses on the knowledge and skills you need to prevent a back injury. It will identify exercises to strengthen the back and prevent injury, as well as, describe safe methods from lifting and moving patients in emergency and non-emergency situations. Very educational.
5. Central Nervous System (CNS) Injuries Basic This course provides an overview of the anatomy of the spine and central nervous system and highlights the signs of spinal injury, assessment and medical care of patients with CNS injuries. It relates mechanisms of injury to potential injuries of the head and spine. Good refresher.
6. Abdominal Trauma Advanced This course covers both blunt and penetrating abdominal trauma injuries and aims to equip EMS providers to provide accurate assessment and management for patients suffering either or both such injuries. The course reviews foundational material covering abdominal anatomy and pathophysiology. Good info.
7. Non-Traumatic Chest Pain This course provides a review of assessment and care considerations unique to patients presenting with non-traumatic chest pain. Topics include the prevalence and significance of chest pain and the underlying conditions that can cause it. Specific common conditions such as coronary artery disease, myocardial infarction, and congestive heart failure are also covered. The information was good.
8. Geriatric Emergencies Advanced The purpose of this course is to highlight the most common physiological changes and how these changes impact your assessment and treatment of common medical conditions and traumatic injuries. Coursework discusses factors that complicate the assessment, and the unique features of specific medical problems of elderly patients. One of the best courses yet, eloquently written.
9. Toxicology and Substance Abuse Advanced This course reviews toxin exposure problems and discusses the various kind of toxicological emergencies commonly encountered along with assessment findings and patient management procedures. Special emphasis is placed on substance abuse. Excellent learning domain.
10. Workplace Stress This course highlights some typical sources of stress, as well as methods of dealing with and reducing stress in your daily life. It is impossible to completely avoid stress, so learning to deal with it is necessary to your health and well-being. Great review.
11. Hazard Communication This course provides clear explanation for the need or hazard communication in the workplace. It also highlights ways to protect yourself from hazardous chemicals by following appropriate work practices and using the proper protective equipment. I enjoyed the scrabble section. I think games and novel approaches add to my retention.
12. Contact Us Questions about TargetSolutions EMS courses? Please, contact us today. 800.840.8048