The Brave New Digital WorldLeveraging the Power of the Internet to Grow Your BusinessYou can't ignore the trends. Right before our eyes, traditional mediums (yellow pages, newspapers, TV, radio, etc.) are declining as digital mediums (websites, videos, blogs, SEO, PPC advertising, social media, etc.) become the most powerful force for marketing a small business.Not sure where to start? Marketing Maven, Laura Capes, and Rockstar Entrepreneur, Ben Littlefield, will present 6 essential internet marketing strategies you must know to navigate this new digital world in order to compete and win online.
1. ORLD TAL Wsiness W DIGI BRAVE NE u Grow Y ourB THE rnet to Inte owe r of the gin g the P s Levera yS olution Three Sixt Capes, by Laura 2010 All Rights Reserved
2. 2010 All Rights Reserved W OU L D YO U R ATHER... Give your elevator pitch to a room of 500 people at a networking event? Be handed a sealed envelope with the names/ email address of 50 people actively shopping for your product or service right now?
3. 2010 All Rights Reserved A T R EN D YO U CANT IGNORE: AD BU D G E T S A R E SHIFTING
4. 2010 All Rights Reserved TH E I N T E R N E T: KIND OF A BIG DEAL The Beginning 228 million in the US (1993) = 50 websites 74% of US population Today: 234+ US not the leaders: million South Korea 77% websites and Australia 80% Netherlands 86% growing! Sweden 89% Iceland 93% Source: internetworldstats.com
5. 2010 All Rights Reserved SO WH O S ONL I NE ?
6. 2010 All Rights Reserved WH AT D O T H E S E SHOPPERS WANT? To research To learn To be entertained To buy
7. 2010 All Rights Reserved WH E R E A R E P E O PLE LOOKING? How customers get information to make a buying decision: Customers 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% want to make a search engines purchase phone book decision newspapers NOT TV mail Be sold to
8. 2010 All Rights Reserved KI N G OF T H E D IG ITAL W ORLD
9. 2010 All Rights Reserved WH Y S H O U L D YO U CARE? Google has 4x the market share of its nearest competitor: Yahoo...
10. 2010 All Rights Reserved WH AT D O T H E S E SHOPPERS REALLY WANT? To get immediate answers
11. 2010 All Rights Reserved HO W C A N YO U G I VE THEM WHAT THEY WANT? Your Website!
12. 2010 All Rights Reserved YOU R W E B S I T E : THE ULTIMATE LEVER Easily Accessible Millions of Surfers Works for you 24/7 Your website is your ultimate lever
13. 2010 All Rights Reserved WHAT DOES LEVERAGING TIME MEAN?
14. 2010 All Rights Reserved YOU R W E B S I T E : YOUR ULTIMATE MONEY TREE How many of you have a website? How does it serve your business? Online Brochure? Interactive Salesperson?
15. 2010 All Rights Reserved YOUR WEBSITE: ONLINE BROCHURE A.K.A. A BILLBOARD IN A DESERT
16. 2010 All Rights Reserved THE ALTERNATIVE: SALESPERSON IN TIMES SQUARE Attracts shoppers already shopping Works for you 24/7 while youre sleeping Delivers qualified leads to your in-box
17. 2010 All Rights Reserved YOU R W E B S I T E MATTERS 44% of all businesses have a website Average sales for a small business = $3.6 million Average sales with a website = $5.3 million Thats a 45% increase! Source: Entrepreneur.com
18. D O E S YOUR WEBSITE SUCK? 2010 All Rights Reserved DO E S YO U R W E B SITE SUCK?
19. 2010 All Rights Reserved TH E G O O D N E WS & THE BAD NEWS Bad News: Your Website Probably Sucks! Good News: Most Websites Definitely Suck!
20. 2010 All Rights Reserved HO W D O I K N O W? Website Grades ~ Most rank 5-50 out of ME 100 Page Ranks ~ Most rank 0-2 out of 10
21. 2010 All Rights Reserved TH E O P P O RT U NI TY Digital Media is much cheaper than traditional Increase Qualified Leads Coming To Your Website Convert those Leads into New Customers Grow Your Business Without Breaking the Bank
22. 2010 All Rights Reserved HO W D O YO U AT TRACT THESE 50 PEOPLE? GOAL: Leverage the Power of the Internet to Grow Your Business, #1 TOOL: Your Website
23. 2010 All Rights Reserved TH E R OA D TO S UCCESS 6 Fundamental Website Success Strategies Proven to Help You Successfully Navigate the Digital World
24. 2010 All Rights Reserved TURN YOUR WEBSITE INTO A MONEY MACHINE 1. client ID 2. branding 3. action 6. Findability 4. trust 5. interactivity
25. 2010 All Rights Reserved SUC C E S S S T R AT EGY #1: CLIENT ID Tip: Its not about you!!!!!!! YOU Its about your customers!
26. 2010 All Rights Reserved SUC C E S S S T R AT EGY #1: CLIENT ID 1.FOWTW 2.GOGI 3.GITT
27. 27 2010 All Rights Reserved HO W D O YO U G IV E IT TO THEM? Your Website The Internet is Your Most Powerful Delivery Vehicle Tip: Provide FREE Education
28. 2010 All Rights Reserved SUC C E S S S T R AT EGY #2: BRANDING Who are you? Whats your purpose? What makes you unique? How do you add more value? Whats your unfair competitive advantage?
29. 2010 All Rights Reserved SUC C E S S S T R AT EGY #2: BRANDING How do you deliver that online? Look & Feel Messaging Design
30. 2010 All Rights Reserved VISUA L A P P E A L Target Your Ideal Customer Be Consistent Use Color Psychology Tip: Action Buttons Should be Red Source: Institute for Color Research
31. 2010 All Rights Reserved ME S SAGI N G Educate Inform Inspire Entertain Call to Action Be relevant
32. 2010 All Rights Reserved D ES I GN Look Professional Look Bigger Than You Are Add Value Build Trust
33. 2010 All Rights Reserved SUC C E S S S T R AT EGY #3: ACTION What are you asking your client to do? Expecting them to call is not enough!
34. 2010 All Rights Reserved SUC C E S S S T R AT EGY #3: ACTION Have a Specific Goal and Create a Compelling Call to Action Be clear about what you want them to do Make your offer enticing Provide more value Get them to say Yes!
35. 35 2010 All Rights Reserved SUC C E S S S T R AT EGY #4: BUILD TRUST People Buy from Sources They Trust Goal: Be the Expert and Trusted Advisor How Do You Convey Trust?
37. 2010 All Rights Reserved T IP : R E M EM B E R WE R E AL L HUM AN Avoid speaking in the 3rd person Avoid sounding like a brochure Show pictures of you and your team on the About Us page (the 2nd most visited page) Tell your story (how long in business, why you do what you do, etc.)
38. 2010 All Rights Reserved SUC C E S S S T R AT EGY #5: INTERACTIVITY You only get 2.3 seconds to make an impression Roughly 9 out of 10 visitors will leave your site without taking any action Making your site interactive can improve your odds of getting more visitors to take action TIP: No, having a newsletter subscription form doesnt count as being interactive!
39. 2010 All Rights Reserved SUCCESS STRATEGY #5: INTERACTIVITY Make your site sticky with digital media Get them to come back for more Educate your clients with videos Offer them cookies Post informative blogs Engage your clients with social media
40. 2010 All Rights Reserved SUC C E S S S T R AT EGY #5: INTERACTIVITY Utilize the Ethical Bribe Swap something of high value in exchange for their name and contact info Your list is the most valuable asset you have in the digital world
41. 2010 All Rights Reserved SUC C E S S S T R AT EGY #6: BE FINDABLE Organic SEO: 400% Higher Conversions
42. 42 C OMM O N M I SC ONC E P TIO N
43. 2010 All Rights Reserved OV ERV I EW: S E ARCH ENGINE VISI BI LITY 2-Part Concept On-Page Factors Off-Page Factors
44. 2010 All Rights Reserved HOW DOES GOOGLE DETERMINE RANKINGS? ON PAGE OPTIMIZATION Elements within your website that you have the ability to control 100% controllable Represents about 20-40% of Googles algorithm On-Page Effectiveness without Off-Page Effectiveness will destroy your rankings
45. 2010 All Rights Reserved HOW DOES GOOGLE DETERMINE RANKINGS? OFF PAGE OPTIMIZATION Other websites that impact your sites search engine ranking Contributes about 60-80% of ranking results Would contribute 0% toward ranking results if on-page elements were not compliant