- 1. Social Media Soup
Savor the Flavor
2. We must educate the students we have, not the student we used to have, nor the student we wished we had. We must adapt to today's student, not them adapting to us. We must adapt to their world of today's 21st century technology. We cannot teach like we've taught forever anymore. We must change ourselves to adapt to their world.
They are hyper-communicators and must "power down" just to go to school.
3. Youngsters have turned into 'screenagers' who spend nearly ten hours a day glued to TVs, computers, phones and video games.
Much of the time they
are texting, playing
surfing the internet, scrolling through their
iPods or staring at screens during school lessons.
4. One in three teens sends more
than 100 text messages
or 3000 texts a month.
5. We shouldn't expect
"out of the box"
when we only employ
"in the box" teaching.
7. Source: http://tiny.cc/dfu38
8. Partnership for 21st Century Skills
9. Photo Credits
Girls with Computers http://tiny.cc/de6d0
Kids with iPods http://tiny.cc/vvyb3
Boys with iPadshttp://tiny.cc/g1q7k
Boy in front of computer screen http://tiny.cc/rvypa
Thinking out of the box http://tiny.cc/zdg7u
Cell Phones http://tiny.cc/jt71h