1. Political Setting: Laos Reported by: Steven Fincale (Crim. 2-A, Group 9)
2. Political Setting: Laos The present government of Laos is a republic, effectively controlled by the Communist Lao Peoples Revolutionary Party (LPRP). The Lao Peoples Democratic Republic was proclaimed on December 2,
3. Political Setting: Laos 1975, replacing the Kingdom of Laos, which gained independence from France in 1953. From 1975 to 1991, power nominally resided in an interim Supreme Peoples Assembly but was actually wielded by the
4. Political Setting: Laos Political Bureau of the LPRP. In 1989 national elections were held for the first time, and in 1991 Laoss first constitution was enacted. All citizens who are aged 18 years or older may vote.
5. Political Setting: Laos A. Executive Under the 1991 constitution, executive power is vested in a president, who is chosen by the National Assembly for a five-year term. The president is assisted by a vice president. The
6. Political Setting: Laos president appoints a prime minister, whose cabinet must be approved by the National Assembly. The prime minister and his government also serve a five-year term.
7. Political Setting: Laos B. Legislature Legislative power rests with the National Assembly. Its 109 members are elected every five years. The National Assembly has the power to amend the constitution, pass laws, and approve the budget.
8. Political Setting: Laos C. Judiciary Justice is administered by the Supreme Peoples Court and by provincial and district peoples courts. Both the president of the Supreme Peoples Court and the public prosecutor general are
9. Political Setting: Laos appointed by the National Assembly. Judges are appointed by the Ministry of Justice.
10. Political Setting: Laos C. Local Government Laos is divided into 16 provinces, the special region of Xaisomboun, and the municipality of Vientiane. Provinces are divided into districts comprising towns and
11. Political Setting: Laos villages. All are administered by peoples administrative committees, whose activities are closely monitored at the district and provincial levels by parallel committees of the LPRP.
12. Political Setting: Laos Source: Microsoft Encarta 2009. 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
13. Political Setting: Laos Khowp Jai!!!
14. Political Setting as we Understanding
15. Political-Security Community for establish a
16. Republic of the Philippines CAPIZ STATE UNIVERSITY Dumarao Satellite College, Dumarao, Capiz Theme: Understanding Better the Political, Economic & Socio-Cultural Setting of Southeast Asian Nations for Peace, Prosperity & People March 09, 2015 (8:00-11:30 am) Campus Library