- 1.Chicago eLearning ShowcaseAugust 11, 2010 Creating Engaging eLearning Presenter Judy Martins Mid American Regional Training INStitute
2. While we wait.
3. TEAMS WORK
4. Lets get to know each other!
- Note 5 things about the object
- Share with your neighbor how these 5 things apply to YOU!
- Transformed from a caterpillar
6. Judy Martins Mid American Regional Training INStitute
- Teamwork/Team Problem Solving
- All of US are Smarter than any one of US
7. NOT Good eLearning! 8. Your Turn!
- What makes eLearningSuccessful?
9. Why Engaging is Important! 10. Interaction ALWAYSBeats Passive Learning !
- I nitiate group discussion
11. What do we mean by Engaging?
- Kirkpatricks 4 levels of Evaluation
- Did theyUSEwhat they learned ?
- Did thenew behaviorIMPACTthe bottom line ?
12. What can we do to Engage Learners?
- E nthusiastically Received
13. Your Turn!
- What techniques can we use to create
14. Some Engaging Ideas:
- Job Aids to Print after Post Test
- Social Networking Face book
15. 4 Steps toCreating Engaging eLearning
- What do you want to achieve?
- Simple, but not simplistic
- Include practice Sessions
- Deliver Content with 75 - 86% Interactivity
- Easy to: Respond & Remember
- Assess Learner Achievement
16. Using Games for Review
- Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
17. Points & Prizes
18. Your Turn!
- Pick an eLearning topic and discuss it (Technologies? Tools?)
19. Resources Shank, The Online Learning Idea Book (Pfeiffer) Watkins, 75 Ideas for E-Learning Solem & Pike, 50 Creative Training Closers: Innovative Ways to End Your Training with IMPACT! Silberman, 101 Ways to Make Training Active (2005 **2nd Edition) Scannell & Newstrom: The Games Trainers Play series http://jeopardylabs.com 20. Good Work!