Explanation: Tems Investigation : Drive Test
Tems Investigation : Drive Test In general, Drive Test can be define as a methode that used to verify the actual condition of RF signal certain operator at certain place. Several functions of drive test : - Analyzing customer complaint of certain operator in their home or office area - Finding problem in BTS ( Timeslot Check, TRX Check, Swap Feeder) - Analyzing the result of optimization process (continuity and all of area) There are softwares can be used for drivetest that installed on laptop. TEMS Investigation (Ericsson), NEMO (Nokia). Here the steps to start learning drivetest with TEMS Investigation : a. Drive Test Equipment 1. TEMS Handset (complete with Charger, Headset, Data Cable) and USB Hub
2. Laptop (installed TEMS Investigation) and Adapter
3. GPS (Ext Antenna and Data Cable)
4. ATEN (Serial to USB)
5. Scanner for WCDMA (Ext Antenna GPS and RF, Data Cable)
6. Inv r r and Ter
7. Battery and Charger
Example p stion of that eq ipments in car :
B. Laptop Config ration 1. Power Management Set Power Management Laptop always On : Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Power Options -> Set All Power Scheme never
2. Virtual Memory Set Virtual Memory : Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System Advance -> Performance Settings
C. TEMS Investigation : - Workspace Configuration After installition process, open Tems Investigation. >> All Programs -> TEMS Investigation -> Data Collect This is the example workspace for 2G (Mode Dedicated-Idle).
1. Open Worksheet Map & arrange size of window Map 2. GPS (Presentation -> Positioning -> GPS) 3. Port Configuration (Configuration -> Port Configuration)
4. Command Sequence (Control -> Command Sequence) 5. Serving + Neighbours GSM (Presentation -> GSM -> Serving + Neighbours GSM) 6. Current Channel (Presentation -> GSM -> Current Channel) 7. Event (Presentation -> Signalling -> Events) for benchmark workspace, add Serving + Neighbours GSM and Current Channel for MS3.
- Map Configurations Create Geoset : Click Geoset Manager on Map window 1. On layer control remove all layer except Pinpoint, Cell, Event, AMR, RF Quality and Coverage layer 2. Add layer Route, Road, MCOM Site, and other *.tab
3. Save Geoset 4. Load Cell file : Configuration -> General -> Cellfile Load 5. Use Cell Definition File then choose cell file
6. ie. Map window configured
- Port Equipment Configurations (see my older post :-)) - Command Sequence Configurations Voice Call CS i.e 120/15 means 120 second on call then call end, 15 second wait and then call again. 1. Loop Start give the number of repetition for command below the loop start (General -> Loop Start) 2. Dial select the MS and give the destination number (Voice -> Dial)
3. Synchronize to synchcronize MS before go to the next command (General -> Synchronize)
4. 5. 6. 7.
Wait 120 wait 120s on call (General -> Wait) End Call (Voice -> End Call) Wait 15 wait 15 before call again (General -> Wait) Loop End (General -> Loop End)
Video Call CS In general cs for video call is same as voice call, but in video call in dial command we must add v. i.e Loop Start Dial v081384760975 Wait 120 End Call Wait 15 Loop End D. DRIVE TEST 1. Configure Recording Properties : Menu Tab Logfile -> Recording Properties 2. Select recording folder : Click Browse -> Select Directory 3. Select Quick logging and setup size of swap file after reaching message
4. Use 2G or 3G configured workspace (with spacific map : road, route, cell file) 5. Make sure all equipments configured to the right port 6. Connect all
7. After all equipments connected (symbol green), window gps, serving neighbour gsm, current channel and events will be full filled 8. Don t forget to lock TEMS Handset into GSM only or 3G only.
9. To start drive test, click record then start command sequence
10. After all route complete, wait untill call end then stop command sequence and stop recording.
Here the flow step by step Go Drive Test !!!
E. LOG FILE CHECKING Check logfile by playing one by one or export into MapInfo-Tab file
F. POST PROCESSING: - Report Generator 1. Open TEMS Data Collection : Start -> TEMS Products -> TEMS Investigations6.1.4 Data Collection 2. Menu Tab Logfile -> Report Generator 3. Add logfile
4. Setup Output directory
5. Setup Report properties 6. Setup IEs, Events, Mobiles, and User Details
7. Result of Report Generator in *.htm
- Map Info (Plot IEs) Before post process in mapinfo, created *.tab file from logfile in TEMS : 1. Export logfile : Menu Bar Logfile -> Export Logfile 2. Click Add Order 3. Choose Format : MapInfo Tab-file 4. Setup IEs (Info Elements) for GSM Dedicated or Idle : - RxLev Full (dBm) - RxLev Sub (dBm) - RxQual Full - RxQual Sub - SQI - TA - Cell Id - Frequncy Band - Latitude
- Longitude for WCDMA Dedicated / Idle / Scanner : - AS Cell Name - AS CPICH Ec/No - AS CPICH RSCP - SAN CPICH Ec/No - SAN CPICH RSCP - SAN Cell Id (CI Part) - Sc 1st Aggr Ec (dBm) -> Scanner - Sc 1st Aggr EcIo (dB) -> Scanner - Sc Best SC -> Scanner - Latitude - Longitude 5. Configure Options Tab
6. Save *.mex 7. Choose Logfile : Click Browse file 8. If there are more than one logfile we can merge it by Merge Output 9. Choose Output directory : Click Browse dir 10. Give Prefix : Ded if Dedicated and Idle if Idle
11. Start process, click start
12. If done, status Success 13. There were created four files for each action (*.dat, *.id, *.map, *.tab)
14. Open the exported file into MapInfo : Menu Tab File -> Open
15. Create Thematic Map : Menu Tab Map -> Create Thematic Map 16. Choose Type -> Range 17. Template Name -> Region Ranges
18. Choose Table and Field (ie. Plotting R QUAL_SUB from Dedicated mode)
19. Customize Ranges, Style and Legend.
20. Example Dedicated by R QUAL_SUB
EVENTS on RXQUAL_SUB 21. Create Events on R QUAL_SUB 22. Open again the exported file (Ded_orinaica) 23. Create Thematic Map : Menu Tab Map -> Create Thematic Map 24. Choose Type -> Individual 25. Template Name -> Region IndValue Default 26. Choose Table and Field
27. Customize Style and Legend
28. Example Events on R QUAL_SUB
SPIDER GRAPH 29. Activate spider graph : Menu Tab Tools -> Tool Manager 30. Spider Graph Load and Autoload 31. See table structure of cell in MCOM Site : Menu Tab Table -> Maintenance -> Table Structure -> View/Modify Table choose MCOM Site
32. See table structure of CI in exported file : Manu Tab Table -> Maintenance -> Table Structure -> View/Modify Table choose exported file (ie. Ded_orinaica) -> Change type structure of CI
33. Click OK 34. Create Spider Graph : Tools -> Spider Graph -> Spider Graph 35. Choose Origin and Destination table
36. Save the Spider Graph table : Save Copy As -> (ie. orinaica) 37. From Spider Graph, We can analyze : - Dominant Cells - Overshoot Cells - Swap Feeder
G. TROUBLESHOOTING : - 2G Frequency Scanning Purpose : to verify level signal each BCCH ARFCN plan 1. Setup frequency scan : Click Scan Properties 2. Select channels : Tab Scanned channels -> Manual selection -> Select 3. Setup Selected Channels (ie. BCCH ARFCN are 95-113)
4. Decode BSIC
5. Start Scanning : Click toolbar Start Scanning 6. See Scanner Bar Chart Window : Menu Bar Presentation -> GSM -> Frequency Scanner -> Scanner Bar Chart
- Time slot check Purpose : Check Time Slot in each TCH (if Freq Hop : NO or Base Band) 1. Setup Channel Verification : Menu Bar Control -> GSM Channel Verification
2. Setup test phone number : Click Properties on Channel Verification window
3. Green mark means time slot have been used
- TR Check Purpose : to verify damage TR in each sector Where is TR ?
1. Lock BCCH ARFCN certain sector : Click Toolbar Lock on Channel Lock BCCH 111)
(ie. Check TR Sector 1,
2. Disable Handover : Click Toolbar Disable Handover 3. See MAIO on Current Channel window
- Swap Feeder Check Purpose : to verify intalation mistake on feeder cable to BTS 1. Lock BCCH ARFCN each sector : Click Toolbar Lock on Channel Sect 2 = 540, Sect 3 = 543 ) (ie. BCCH Sect 1 = 547,
2. Set HO Target : Equipment Properties -> Dedicated Mode -> Function -> Target HO (ie. BCCH 547, 540, 543)
3. Create drive route that can represent each sector 4. Export logfile into *.tab with IEs CI 5. Create thematic map for each CI (Cell Identity)
Picture above indicate swap feeder between sector 2 and 3.
Posted by Pathloss 4.0 Labels: Tems Investigation