• 25 years of Frozen Gourmet Dessert Expertise• Privately held company with Woman Owned
Minority Status• Extensive Product line• Innovative, quality driven organization• Extensive dessert marketing research • Current manufacturing environment is 180,000
square feet• Facility located in Reading, PA• 99.9% fill rate
SWEET STREET COMPANY OVERVIEW
Cutt ing Edge Desserts For Every Slice of the Day
We at Sweet Street Desserts choose to be the leader in the gourmet dessert industry, setting the standard by which all others are judged.
Being a leader in “sweet indulgence” is our way of life. To maintain our leadership, we will be missionaries of the dessert experience, expanding its pleasures to all parts of the day and all parts of the world. With our unwavering commitment to profitably create a constantly evolving and extraordinary line of great tasting, high quality desserts, innovation will always be essential to our success and cutting edge products will always be our future.
Above all, we are dedicated to creating a dynamic and gratifying environment so compelling, our customers, suppliers and co-workers will want to participate in achieving mutual success. By continuing to conduct ourselves with the utmost integrity and by anticipating the best interests of these valued people, our company’s sweet success will be certain.
Patrons rate taste and appearance as the two most important qualities when choosing a dessert.
Sweet Street is rated #1 in taste and appearance by commercial and non-commercial operators
Sweet Street #1 in Taste.
Commercial Operators1 61.8%
Nearest Competitor 42%
On-Site Operators2 57%
Nearest Competitor 39%
Sweet Street #1 in Appearance.
Nearest Competitor 41.5%
On-Site Operators2 63%
Nearest Competitor 36%
Sweet Success Elite Program
• Designed to enable you to maximize your dessert sales, increase check averages and cater to your important customer base.
• The SSD Sweet Success Elite program provides the tools and knowledge to take your dessert menu to the next level.
• Each part of our Elite program is designed so that it is customizable specifically for your needs.
• The Elite program consists of our Balance Dessert Menu Building Program, the facts behind customer satisfaction and desserts, our LTO program, a wait staff training program, and our Sweet Reward program that enables you to earn points that can be used for merchandising materials and other prizes.
Customer Satisfaction A Critical Component of Success
• The restaurant industry is built on patron frequency– This is the lifeblood of the industry – gaining and keeping repeat customers
• A restaurant’s reputation is built on the quality and consistency of their product.
– This differentiates long term growth and short term trendiness
• Customer Satisfaction is the most important attribute to measure consistency and to determine the potential for repeat business.
• Statistics show a powerful correlation between dessert sales and increases in Customer Satisfaction.
Desserts are Important to our Important Customers.
% Increase Segment
38.1% Full Service Upscale Hotel Group
30.7% Mid-Scale Italian Category
29.5% Major Casual Dining Chains
29.1% Casual Dining Steak/Rib Category
25.7% Major CD Bar & Grill Chains
23.6% Casual Dining Bar & Grill Category
Source: MPD Group/MPD Food World/Crest
• Dessert incidence increase significantly with patrons who are overall highly satisfied with their experience.
•Highly Satisfied customers are your most important patrons
•Frequent your establishment regularly
•Encourage others to patronize it
•Create positive word of mouth advertising
•Loyalty and resulting repeat business drive your bottom line
Desserts Turn Satisfied Customers Into Highly Satisfied Customers.x
• Customers who rank their “overall experience” highly satisfied increase by 29.7% when they order desserts.
Major Casual Dining Chains
With Dessert Without Dessert % Change
79.3% of patrons felt the after dining experience influenced the overall satisfaction level of a meal
Moving a customer from Satisfied to Highly Satisfied can lead to great things!!!
Satisfied Highly Satisfied
Visits per month 4.2 visits 7.3 visits
Length of patronage 4.4 years 8.3 years
Average monthly spend
$ 210 $ 318
96% of patrons tip more when they are highly satisfied with their restaurant experience
99.3% of patrons frequent an establishment more frequently when highly satisfied
96.5% of patrons always or will often, recommend a restaurant if they are highly satisfied
How Do We
Convince Just One Customer and You’ll Sell More Desserts….
• 82.4% would order dessert when someone else at the table orders dessert. 4
• 76% would order a dessert specifically made to be shared.5 Train waitstaff to encourage your customers to share.
• 65.8% would order coffee and tea or an after-dinner drink when someone orders a dessert. 5
• 88% would order coffee and tea or an after-dinner drink with their dessert. 5
• 47.9% of patrons choose a restaurant because it serves a dessert they like.
The balanced dessert menu—a brilliant way to sell more desserts.
• Offer the flavors that appeal to patrons.
• Offer the choices that appeal to a broad base of customers