Men’s Staff Retreat. Stronger Relationships. Welcome. Exercise 1 : Retreat Check In ___________________________________ 1. Greatest personal accomplishment this past year? 2. One thing you’d like to learn in this session on strengthening relationships. Background and Research. - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
Mens Staff Retreat Welcome
Exercise 1: Retreat Check In___________________________________ 1. Greatest personal accomplishment this past year?
2. One thing youd like to learn in this session on strengthening relationships. Background andResearch
Your Attitude is more important than your aptitude.
(Hired and fired)
attitude atit(y)ood/ noun 1. a settled way of thinking or feeling about someone or something, typically one that is reflected in a person's behavior.
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only - James 1:22positive pztiv/ noun 1. a good, affirmative, or constructive quality or attribute.. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthymeditate on these things. - Philippians 4:8What does it look like?What does it sound like?
1. Nonverbal Communication___________________________________
1. Emotional response determined nonverbally: * Albert Mehrabian Studies: Nonverbal 93% Vocal - 38% Face, Gestures, Body 55%Verbal 7%
2. Most replication studies vary, but same results:Nonverbal 60%Verbal 40%3. Face, voice, and body positioning most impact Face (eye contact, smile) Voice (easy pace, caring) Body (open, relaxed)
Exercise 2a Nonverbal Communication___________________________________
Pair Up: A & B How would people know you were a Christian if you could not speak?
Exercise 2b Nonverbal Communication___________________________________
Pair Up: A & B Talk back to backFace to face without talkingTalk face to face without eye contact Talk face to face with eye contactTalk without smiling / smilingTalk standing / sittingImitate voice of partner B
2. Verbal Communication___________________________________
Language of Heaven: Adds & MultipliesLanguage of Hell: Subtracts & Divides
1. Acknowledge others:Thank you forI appreciate yourI admire the way youI remember the time youYouve changed the way IYoure a Godly example of
Exercise 3: Appreciating Others___________________________________Group Circle UpEach person will receive a statement. Select one of the following for each brother as he prepares to ask:
May I receive my statement?Thank you forI appreciate yourI admire the way youI remember the time youYouve changed the way IYoure a Godly example of
2. Dont say negative things about people/work Stick up for others during gossipThat doesnt sound like the Jason I knowMay I quote you as the source?Get thee behind me, Satan.
3. Reframe negatives: Changing negative interpretations into positive interpretations:Mark, another way of looking at this is
4. Asking for forgiveness: Admit, Apologize, Ask I was wrong and Im sorry. Would you forgive me? Exercise 4: Life Line Support ___________________________________
Pair Up: A & B Fill out life line handout.
A shares, B supports / increasesB shares, A supports / increases
Exercise 5: Forgiveness ___________________________________
Asking for Forgiveness: AAA Technique
Admit (I was wrong)Apologize (Im sorry) Ask (Would you forgive me?)
Exercise 6: Dream House ___________________________________
Catalyst for Culture
To get this sessions notes visit :
Mens Staff Retreat