SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (TIMELINES)
S.No Event Date Venue
1 Issue of NIT 16-11-2013 2 Sale of RfP
documents From 25-11-2013 to one day before the last date for submission of the RfP.
Corporate Office, JKSPDC Camp Ashok Nagar satwari Jammu. RfP document can also be downloaded from website www.jkspdc.nic.in
3 Submission of Queries
Upto 15th December 2013
Submission by Email or by fax on firstname.lastname@example.org & 0191-2435403.
4 Reply to queries & issue of modified RfP (if required)
27th December 2013 By email to all bidders and posting on website
5 Submission of bid By or before 1400 HRs 21st January 2014
Submission by hand at Corporate Office,JKSPDC Camp Ashok Nagar satwari Jammu.
6 Opening of Technical bid
1500 HRS on 21st January 2014
Corporate Office , JKSPDC Camp Ashok Nagar satwari Jammu
JAMMU & KASHMIR STATE POWER DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LIMITED
LETTER OF INVITATION (LOI)
ENGAGEMENT OF CONSULTANT
FOR PREPARATION OF DPR AND
IN PROCUREMENT OF EPC CONTRACT
07 MW ACHOORA GUREZ HEP
IN DISTRICT BANDIPORA
JAMMU & KASHMIR STATE
ON TURN-KEY BASIS
J & K STATE POWER DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LIMITED
OFFICE OF THE MANAGING DIRECTOR, ASHOK NAGAR SATWARI JAMMU-180004
(Tender should be invited by CE CID) Telephone: 0191-2430548. Fax: 0191-2435403 Email: email@example.com
LETTER OF INVITATION No: JKSPDC/Tech/P- 171 Date:25-11-2013
To ______________ ______________ ______________ ______________
Subject: Engagement of Consultant for PREPARATION OF DPR AND ASSISTING
JKSPDC IN BIDDING PROCESS FOR PROCUREMENT OF AN EPC CONTRACT FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF 07 MW ACHOORA GUREZ HYDRO ELECTRIC PROJECT IN DISTRICT BANDIPORA, JAMMU & KASHMIR STATE ON TURN-KEY BASIS.
The J&K State Power Development Corporation Limited (JKSPDC) intends to execute 07 MW ACHOORA GUREZ HYDRO ELECTRIC PROJECT IN DISTRICT BANDIPORA, JAMMU & KASHMIR STATE ON TURN-KEY BASIS.
For the above purpose, the JKSPDC is intending to engage the services of reputed consultants/ consulting companies/ consulting organizations , on the CBS mode , for:
1. Preparation of the DPR as per the detailed terms of reference/scope indicated in this document.
2. Preparation of pre-qualification (RFQ) bid documents conforming to CEA, MOP, GOI guidelines/ Standard FIDIC documents (as per the requirement of the Owner) and evaluation thereof for selection of technically responsive bidders for the EPC Contract through competitive bidding process.
3. Preparation of REQUEST FOR PRPOSALS (RFP)- Bid Documents conforming to CEA, MOP, GOI guidelines/Standard FIDIC documents (as per the requirement of the Owner) using the DPR prepared by the consultant & approved by the owner and evaluation of bids thereof for selection of EPC Contractor .
4. Assisting JKSPDC in bidding process at all stages including techno-commercial
evaluation of bids received for procurement of the EPC Contract.
5. The Consultant shall also be required to share and transfer all requisite information
and knowledge regarding the project execution and all technical features including
design layout, design features, construction schedule, etc with JKSPDC and also
with the Project Management Supervision Consultant , if engaged by JKSPDC.
The intending bidders would be required to meet and comply with following eligibility criteria. A. ESSENTIAL TO MEET
1. The bidder Should be registered company under Companies Act 1956 for providing consultancy services in the field of hydro-electric projects, or joint venture/consortium of two or more companies, who must have jointly and/or separately prepared bankable DPRs for at least 01 no. of Hydro Electric project of 5.60 MW or 02 nos. of Hydro Electric Projects of 3.5 MW each or 03 nos. of Hydro Electric Projects of 2.8 MW each or more capacity during the last 07 years which have been accorded Techno Economic Clearance by CEA/concerned authority/Owner.
2. The prospective bidders should have previous experience of providing consultancy services comprising of:
Minimum 5 Years experience in Review/ Updating/ Preparation of DPRs of Hydro
Electric Projects with minimum aggregate capacity of 20 MW and above as on 16 -11-2013.
Framing bid documents i.e. RFQ & RFP for the hydro electric projects including
assisting the Owner in conducting the National competitive bidding process for procurement of EPC contract or (having been associated with Design/Engineering & Construction) of Hydro Power Projects, for the implementation of at least one hydro power project having installed capacity of at least aggregate capacity of 20 MW or more. 3. The annual average financial turnover of the bidder for the last three years should not be less Rs 100 Lacs.
4. The bidder must not have been blacklisted/ debarred from practicing as Consultant by any International agencies/Financial institutions, Government of
India or any Department/ Undertaking thereof, any State Government or any Department/ Undertaking thereof.
5. Intending bidders would be required to produce certified copies of the audited
accounts/statements for the last 3 years and other documentary evidence in support of their submissions in response to requirements listed at serial no 1-2 as above and self declaration in respect requirement listed at S. No. 3 and shall also provide such evidence of eligibility satisfactory to the JKSPDC, as the JKSPDC shall reasonably request.
Joint Venture/Consortium Partners shall be bound by a Joint & Several responsibility agreement. In case of sub contractors there shall be a Joint Deed of Undertaking for completion of the Contract.
6. The above stated requirements are minimum required and J & K State Power
Development Corporation reserves the right to request for any additional information as may be required.
BIDDERS FAILING TO MEET THE ESSENTIAL CRITERIA WOULD BE CONSIDERED NON RESPONSIVE AND THEIR BIDS WOULD STAND REJECTED AT THE TECHNICAL EVALUATION STAGE.
1. The bidder companies should preferably have on its regular roll, working for at least last one year, minimum 5 Senior level key Consultants , at least one each in the fields of (i) DPR preparation; Procurement of Contracts, (ii) Civil Engineering (with relevant experience in hydro power projects), (iii) Mechanical Engineering (with experience in hydro-mechanical engineering works related to construction of hydroelectric projects), (iv) Electrical Engineering (with experience in electro-mechanical engineering works related to construction of hydroelectric projects) & (v) Engineering Geology . These Key consultants must have working experience of more than 10 years (in respect of post graduate engineers/geologists) and 15 years (in case of graduate engineers/ geologists), assisted by other support staff with adequate experience in procurement of contracts, design and engineering in the field of hydro power.
2. Bidders, to support and strengthen their credentials in respect of their financial turn over for the last three years duly supported with Income Tax Returns / Bank Statements and Certificates from Chartered Accountants , previous experience, are required to submit along with applications for pre-qualification, performance certificates/ completion certificates testifying successful completion and commissioning of requisite number of hydro electric projects having installed capacity equal to or more than 20 MW in aggregate and having individual capacity as specified here-in-above under the essentiality criteria for which the consultancy stood provided by the bidder.
Proposals to provide the above stated services (referred to as proposal herein after) should be submitted in the manner stated herein after:
Instructions to Bidders:
1.0 Bidders are required to furnish all information and documents as called for in this request for proposal (RFP) document in English. Any printed literature furnished by the bidder in a language other than English, should be accompanied with an English translation, in which case, for the purpose of interpretation of the document, the English version shall prevail.
1.1 Proposal should be typed or filled in ink.
1.2 All additions, alterations and over-writings in the proposal or accompanying documents must be clearly attested and initialed by the authorized signatory.
1.3 Bidder has to be a single entity, Joint Ventures or consortiums. The proposal document is non transferable.
1.4 The proposal document shall be submitted in the following manner in three envelopes :
1.4.1 The bid shall be accompanied with earnest money amounting to Rs. 30,000/- (Rupees thirty thousand only) which shall be in the form of a crossed Demand Draft in favour of General Manager (Accounts) Corporate Office J&K State Power Development Corporation Limited, (to be modified if bids are to be received by CE) payable at Jammu and placed in a separate sealed envelope-1 marked as BID EARNEST MONEY FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR ACHOORA GUREZ HYDRO
ELECTRIC PROJECT on the top of the envelope. Envelope-2
1.4.2 All the other documents explained hereinafter, shall be furnished in three sets and placed in a separate sealed