1. How connected are you? Results Meet the Jones Quiz Kristof De Wulf, Managing Partner, InSites Consulting Dennis Claus,Senior Research Executive , InSites Consulting Thomas Ghys, Quantitative Research Consultant, InSites Consulting
2. But can you really read the minds of your consumers? We matched the answers about your target group with answers of consumers surveys to determine your Connected 2 Consumer SCORE.
3. Congratulations marketers, you passed the Meet The Joneses test! But it was close . You scored 53% on average. There was no difference between the scores of Belgian (53%) and Dutch (54%) marketers.
5. Do you have to be a veteran marketer to connect? years of experience the extent to which you are involved in consumer marketing how well you think you know your target group had NO effect on the final score. Everyone can get closer.
6. What can we learn from the Meet the Joneses Test?
7. More than half of marketers believe price is most important. of consumers say brand is the most important criterium for purchase decisions. BRANDS MATTER!
8. Which news sources do consumers find most credible? Top 3 Consumers Top 3 Marketers Belgian marketers didnt even mention the Internet in their top 3
9. How many people maintain good health? More than 90% of consumers make efforts to maintain their health. Less than 10% of marketers knew this.
10. Did you change your purchasing behavior since the financial crisis? BE 14% 28% 58% Marketers NL 13% 23% 65% BE 7% 25% 68% Consumers NL 16% 30% 54% Yes More or less No Dutch marketers have shown the same reaction as their target group, whereas Belgian marketers have cut down more. More than two third of Belgian consumers didnt change their behavior.
11. On which products would you NEVER consider saving? 67% 71% Daily food 51% Daily food 57% 46% 47% Children's education (school) 81% Children's education (school) 76% Personal care products 29% Personal care products 34% (shampoo, perfume) 37% (shampoo, perfume) 33% 19% 27% Travelling 20% Travelling 26% 18% 17% Leisure activities & hobbies 27% Leisure activities & hobbies 14% 15% 15% Clothing 12% Clothing 14% 12% 13% Eating out (restaurants) 6% Eating out (restaurants) 17% 10% 12% Cars 11% Cars 8% 10% 8% Cleaning products 9% Cleaning products 12% 6% 6% Snacks, chocolate & sweets 7% Snacks, chocolate & sweets 4% 6% 6% Non-alcoholic beverages 7% Non-alcoholic beverages 2% 4% 5% Alcoholic beverages 7% Alcoholic beverages 5% 3% 1% Ice-cream and desserts 4% Ice-cream and desserts 1% Consumer Marketer Consumer Marketer Daily food, childrens education and personal care products are indispensable.
12. Do you know what goes on in the minds of the next generation? The top 2 ways youngsters distinguish themselves from their peers are looks and skills. The Most popular brands Dolce & Gabbana Mc Donald's Red Bull L'Oreal Samsung Good job, marketers! You knew how youngsters distinguish themselves and almost listed all top 5 brands. Dont underestimate Mc Donald's and Samsung and leave out Apple and Nokia.
13. Future and past Important trends in consumer behavior
14. Are we living in a world of abundance? BE 54% 16% 30% Marketers NL 46% 18% 36% BE 19% 31% 50% Consumers NL 11% 28% 60% Yes Neutral No Marketers believe theyre offering plenty, but consumers think there is room for more.