2. Why go on a residential?
- Supports National Curriculum e.g. Outdoor Adventurous Activities in PE, problem solving in Maths, rivers and mountains in Geography
- Character building & independence
- Promotes co-operation and team work
- Boosts self confidence & self esteem
3. Where are we going?
A small town in Denbighshire, North-East Wales, situated on the River Dee and on the edge of the Berwyn Mountains. 4. Why Llangollen? Contrasting locality thats not too far away, but far enough for that sense of adventure! Wide range of activities available Highly experienced instructors 5. When are we going? Tuesday 14 thJune 2011 Leave school at 10am to Friday 17 thJune 2011 Arrive back at Norwood around 12pm 6. Accommodation
- Tyn Dwr Hall was build in the 1860s and has just undergone major refurbishment. It is currently owned and operated by The University of Central Lancashire (uclan).
The centre is located approximately 2 miles from the town of Llangollen. 7. Rooms The children will be sleeping in dormitories ranging in size from 4 to 10 beds.Staff have smaller rooms, which are situated close to the childrens rooms. 8. Meals
- Everyone eats together in the dining room or outdoor decked area
- (toast and cereal also available)
- (two choices, always a vegetarian option)
- There are lots of facilities available for the children:
10. Activities Several activities take place off-site. All such activities, except gorge walking, are located within a 10 minute drive of the centreTransport to and from all off site activities is included. 11. On-site activities High Ropes 12. Off-site activities Castle Walk 13. Off-site activities Gorge Walking 14. Off-site activities Canoeing 15. Off-site activities Climbing andAbseiling 16. Communication! We are very aware that it may be the first time away from home, for some children. However, we do not want to risk children bringing and loosing mobile phones. If there is an emergency you can contact the main office. 17. Safety!
- Children accompanied by 6 Norwood staff
- Sleeping areas have key coded access
- Specialist instructors fully trained and CRB checked
18. Kit List In addition to the usual items, such as old clothes, towels, warm clothes etc children may also bring a disposable camera and 2 spending money per day. A full kit list can be found at the back of your pack 19. Cost
- *This does not include transport to and from Llangollen, which has kindly been funded by the PTA.
- To secure accommodation we need a non refundable 25 deposit by 15 thNovember 2010
- The final balance is payable by 29 thApril 2011
Mrs Taylor has volunteered to set up a savings club for the trip, where you can pay weekly by small instalments. 21. Questions?