Iridium Handheld Service
With Iridium handheld satellite phones, you can communicate from any point on
the globe, including oceans, airways and Polar Regions.
Operating on the Iridium satellite network, a constellation of 66 satellites in a Low Earth
Orbit (LEO) with cross-link architecture, Iridium handsets enable you to make and receive
calls virtually anywhere in the world, requiring only a clear line of sight to the sky.
Iridium Handhelds are suitable for the professional on the move, and offer anyone
working remotely in locations with limited access to traditional terrestrial connectivity,
voice and data services and much more. While the Iridium 9555 small, light and
water-resistant device is particularly suitable for industrial and rugged environments, the
Iridium Extreme® is ideal for government and military personnel, emergency responders,
mining teams or users that require location based services for real-time tracking.
Voice Calling – And More
In addition to offering high quality voice, the Iridium handhelds deliver access to:
• Advanced voice services: voicemail, call barring & call forwarding,
call restriction, etc.
• Two-way, global SMS messaging up to 160 characters.
• Data services (dial-up and direct internet) at 2.4 kbps.
• Internet, email and small file transfer up to 9.6 kbps using SkyFile® Mail via the
Iridium RUDICS platform.
Choose the Iridium handset for you
Iridium Extreme®: Offering an ergonomic, ruggedized design with the highest ingress
protection rating and military durability, it is the first satellite phone to offer the fully
integrated services of customizable GPS, online tracking and emergency SOS with
• Programmable, GPS-enabled, one-touch SOS button and is SEND certified.
• Track and monitor Iridium Extreme® subscribers in real-time with our secure
web-portal featuring Google Earth and Google Maps or use your own tracking
• View location and share it via SMS to either a pre-programmed “Quick GPS”
contact or a new message contact.
Iridium 9555: Brings you proven reliability and industrial-grade design in a sleek portable
• Supports all Iridium voice,
circuit-switched data and Short
Bust Data (SBD) services in one
• One phone number worldwide
with simple GSM style dialing.
• Secure communications: via
Iridium’s independent network
• Wireless connectivity using Iridium
AxcessPoint to establish a Wi-Fi
• Budgetary control: Iridium’s
prepaid SIM and prepaid vouchers
help you control communications
• Data compression: with SkyFile®
Mail, save time & money by
compressing email, fax and SMS
by up to 90%.
• Real time tracking and free
registration to basic GEOS
emergency services (Iridium
Innovative solutions for your needs
Our solutions are innovative value added services designed to enhance satellite connectivity.
• Versatile messaging services: SkyFile® Mail saves time & money by compressing emails, e-faxes and SMS by up to 90%.
SkyFile® Mail includes a crash recovery function, anti-virus and an antispam filter. SkyFile® Mail via Iridium RUDICS also boosts
connection quality, service availability and bandwidth, reducing connection time by more than 50%.
• Efficient online business tools: Control and monitor Iridium SIM cards and traffic using The Source®, our web-based
information management system. Perform a variety of management tasks in real-time, including activating and suspending SIM
cards, prepaid voucher balance inquiries, and top ups of both minutes and expiry. Only The Source® allows you to activate up to
20 SIM cards in one transaction using the batch activation feature.
• Cost-effective Fixed2Mobile calling: Place calls from any landline or wireless phone to any mobile satellite terminal. Iridium’s
+1 Access maps a US-based phone number to an Iridium terminal enabling fixed2mobile connectivity at a fraction of the price
charged by long distance carriers.
Iridium Handheld Iridium Extreme® Iridium 9555
Weight 247g 266g
Dimensions 140L x 60W x 27D mm 143L x 55W x 30D mm
Duration Up to 4 hours talk time and up to 30 hours standby time
Display 200 character illuminated graphic display
Calling Features • Integrated speakerphone
• Quick-connect to Iridium voicemail
• Two-way SMS and short email capability
• Pre-programmable International Access Code (00 or +)
• Mailbox for voice, numeric & text messages
• Selectable ring and alert tones (8 choices)
Enhanced Features • Internally-retractable antenna
• Enhanced SMS and email messaging capability
• Headset and hands-free capability
• Upgraded Mini-USB data port
• Emergency and tracking features
• Programmable red SOS button with protective cover
• GPS Location Convenience key
• Diamond tread rubber grip & hard-capped keypad
• High-gain antenna with top articulating design
• 21 supported menu languages
Memory • 100 entry internal address book, with capacity for multiple phone numbers, email addresses and notes
• Call history retains received, missed and dialed calls
Usage Control Feature • User-configurable call timers to manage costs
• Keypad lock and PIN lock for additional security
Accessories • AC Travel Charger
• International Plug Kit
• User Guide and Quick Start Guide
• Data CD
• USB-Mini USB Cable
• Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
• Antenna Adapter and Portable Auxillary
• Leather Holster
• Auto Accessory Adapter
Airbus Defence and Space SAS
CIS SatCom – Secure Communications
1 boulevard Jean Moulin – CS 30503
78997 Elancourt Cedex