1. Hv Dg aMe iLan g u d i itl d eri Fn e i a n C h rH n o t o ot a g u Fbu r 1,04 e ray 921
2. What is the Connected Learning Experience Workshop The LAMP Bank Street College of Education Hive NYC
3. Workshop One Goal: Examine questions of learning and identity in the digital age, introducing principles of media ecology and connected learning. Guiding Questions: Participants actively engager in activities designed to help them consider: themselves as members of a culture, ways in which changes in communication have transformed cultures over time, themselves as learners and consumers of different forms of communication, and ways in which their experiences can be linked to principles of Connected Learning.
4. Workshop Two Goal: To generate an understanding of youth participants Guiding Question: Who are the youth who are coming to my program? What are their needs?
5. Workshop Three Goal: To introduce participants to principles of connected learning and progressive pedagogy Guiding Question: What are principles of connected learning and progressive pedagogy and how can they inform and enhance my programming?
6. Workshop Four Goal: Participants will design an assessment plan for their programs Guiding Questions: Why is my program structured the way it is? How can principles from these workshops inform my work? How will I know?
7. Findings In examining the nature of significant learning experiences we discovered that they involved not only peers but also adults. We are considering expanding the concept of peer learning to social organization of learning thereby including adults and peers. Also, considering expanding the academically oriented sphere to include civic and career engagement. Many of the participants programs already incorporating connected learning elements. We will continue to work with connected learning elements as a basis for program design and evaluation.