2. BANKING A bank is a financial institution whose primary activity is to act as a payment agent for customers and to borrow and lend money. Banks are important players in financial markets and offer financial services such as investment funds. In some countries such as GERMANY, banks are the primary owners of industrial corporations . While in other countries such as the UNITED STATES banks are prohibited from owning non- financial companies.
3. HISTORY OF BANKING The first banks were probably the religious temples of the ancient world. It was probably established sometime during the third millennium B.C. Banks probably predated the invention of money. There are extant records of loans from the 18th century BC in Babylon that were made by temple priests or monks to merchants.
4. HDFC Housing Development Finance Corporation Founded in 1977 by Hasmukh bhai Parakh HDFC Bank was incorporated in August 1994 Among the first in new generation commercial banks Registered office in Mumbai, India Promoted by HDFC, the parent company IPO in India in 1995 Listed in NSE, BSE, NYSE(ADR)
5. Business Strategy Increasing market share in Indias expanding banking. Delivering high quality customer service. Delivering more products to more customers. Maintaining current high standards for asset quality through disciplined credit risk management. Develop innovative products and services that attract targeted customers and address inefficiencies in the Indian financial sector.
6. Capital Structure The authorized capital of HDFC Bank is Rs550 crore (Rs5.5 billion). The paid-up capital is Rs424.6 crore (Rs.4.2 billion). The HDFC Group holds 19.4% of the bank's equity Roughly 28% of the equity is held by Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs) and the bank has about 570,000 shareholders
7. Interest Rates HDFC
8. Interest Rates HDFC - contd
9. Interest Rates HDFC Bank
10. Interest Rates HDFC Bank - contd
11. Interest Rates Comparison HDFC Ltd offers a greater return on the same capital for the same period as compared to HDFC Bank. HDFC Ltd has flexible investing strategies for funds. If we compare a yearly return then HDFC Ltd stands at 8.90% against 8.35% of HDFC Bank.
12. Board of Directors - HDFC Deepak S. Parekh - Chairman B. S. Mehta - Independent D. M. SukthankarNon - Executive V.Srinivasa RanganExecutive - Director Renu Sud Karnad - Managing Director Keki. M. Mistry - Vice Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
13. Board of Directors HDFC Bank Shyamala Gopinath Chairperson Paresh Sukthankar - Deputy Managing Director Aditya Puri - Managing Director Kaizad Bharucha - Executive Director A N Roy Director Keki Mistry Director Renu Karnad - Director