The Bridging Nations University College of Energy and Environment is offering a Graduate Certificate in Energy Technology and Policy to prepare students for green jobs. Check out this slideshow for program information, complete with professor bios and course descriptions.
Text of Graduate Certificate Info
1. College of Energy and Environment and Environment Graduate Programs in Graduate Programs in Energy Technology and Policy Energy Technology and Policy BRIDGING NATIONS UNIVERSITY Deepen your knowledge and boost your Deepen your knowledge and boost your credentials, in a way that fits your schedule WHY? WHY? Convenient, interactive classes classes Convenient, interactive online online Renowned international faculty Renowned international faculty Affordable Tuition Affordable Tuition WHAT? WHAT? Courses include: Courses include: Renewable Energy Technology & Supply Supply Renewable Energy Technology& Energy and Environmental Economics Energy and Environmental Economics Energy Security and Geopolitics Energy Security and Geopolitics See below See below WHEN? WHEN? FALL 2010 FALL 2010 SPRING 2011 SPRING 2011 SUMMER2011 SUMMER 2011 E: email@example.com E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 202-741-3870 www.bridgingnationsuniversity.org P: 202-741-3870 | www.bridgingnationsuniversity.org
2. Bridging Nations University Graduate Certificate Program A graduate certificate is a great option Bridging Nations Universitys College of for both recent college grads who want Energy and Environment offers top quality to stand out in the job market, and for graduate programs designed to prepare professionals who want to take the next students for the rapidly expanding green jobs sector. Our courses are taught by step in their careers. The green jobs industry has already begun to take off, College of Energy a distinguished faculty with expertise in all aspects of clean energy technology and now is the time for students to get the and policy. Our live, interactive virtual knowledge and skills they need to take and Environment classrooms set us apart from other online advantage of the exciting opportunities learning programs, while our Mentorship that are becoming available. program ensures that students gain essential first-hand knowledge of the Applicants to the program should alternative energy industry. have an undergraduate degree with at least a 3.0 grade point average. The Graduate Certificate program is completed in 5 courses, for a total of 15 credits. After completing their Certificate requirements, students have the option of putting these credits towards obtaining a Master's degree in Energy Technology and Policy at BNU at a later date.
3. Classes will be taught via live, online virtual Students have the option to lighten their workload by spreading their studies out as they wish. Students pick from any 5 of the 12 the courses listed below to complete a Graduate Certificate. By taking classes on weekday Masters students take all 12 courses. Flexible Schedule, evenings and Saturday afternoons, participants in the graduate programs This flexibility also allows students to Flexible Program retain the ability to work a full-time job. concentrate on the courses they find to be most relevant to their interests and career aspirations. Some students will want a more specialized program, and some prefer to have a little bit of everything. The students learning goals are the priority at BNU. le
4. Courses and Faculty Renewable Energy Technology and Supply This course expands students general understanding of renewable Senior research director with the fuels through in-depth study of the Institute of Sustainable Energy, Tokyo infrastructure used to exploit renewable sources of energy. This course will place Taught at University of special emphasis on the technologies Maryland and Tufts Dr. Eric Martinot Lead author of annually published needed to develop these sources of fuel as alternatives to hydrocarbon Renewables Global Status Report dependency. Since geography is a M.A. and Ph.D. from University of major limiting factor in the economical California-Berkeley, B.S. from MIT use of water, wind, solar, wind and geothermal power, the concentration of these resources in nations will be examined in light of current limitations and innovations that might overcome these constraints.
5. Courses and Faculty Nuclear Energy Technology and Supply This course will expand students general understanding of nuclear Senior Project Manager at the energy in this course through a concise Nuclear Energy Institute overview of the nuclear sector, including the interrelation between nonproliferation Management positions at major and waste disposal. Students Mr. Vijay Nilekani energy companies knowledge of nuclear power as a well- International consulting in South developed hydrocarbon alternative Africa, Canada, Japan, the source will be enhanced by a study of Middle East, South America, how nuclear materials are extracted India and the US. and controlled in reactor to produce electricity. Since natural supplies of fissile materials are finite and unevenly distributed throughout the world, alternatives to natural supplies will have