The contents herein are property of Ethis Pte Ltd, and may not be reproduced without prior written approval.
Ethical & Islamic CrowdfundingFor Social Finance
Islamic Social Finance
Loans MicrofinanceCharity Investment
Empowerment for development
To remove suffering and for
Growth Capital sustainably
Protect assets & cash for social
Providing for Human Financial Needs Sustainably and Equitably
ExampleAffordable Housing on Waqf Land
with 30 year lease
Govt & CSR
Fund development & construction30 year lease
Profit + Capital
What is Crowdfunding/P2P?
An online funding marketplace
using the internet to gather funds for a defined purpose
When a large number of people from the crowd give small
contributions, it becomes possible to raise large amounts of
funding for various purposes
Crowdfunding for Good
1. Equitable: Not banks - investment financing, not debt. Share risks and returns.
2. Lower Cost: Financial institutions have expensive infrastructure & human resources.
3. Empowerment: Investors choose the projects they like based on their values & interests.
Crowdfunding for Good (2)
4. Engagement: Better understand investees. Real-time and video updates of projects.
5. Fairness: Transparent information and disclosures presented in clearly
6. Market pressure: The best get funded based on appeal. Creates healthy competition.
Donations Reward Debt/Profit-Sharing Equity
charity pre-purchase earn from projects ownership
civic/social discounts/gifts provides capital tradeability
Ethis Ventures #IslamicCrowdfunding
builds, invests in & supports
Niche Islamic Crowdfunding
Worlds 1st Islamic Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform focused on Social Impact Developments
Award-winning Islamic SME P2P platform focused on Murabaha asset-financing
Worlds first Licensed Islamic P2P Platform in Malaysia. Launching 2017.
Worlds 1st Global Waqf Crowdfunding platform, founding patron is Tun Abdullah Badawi
Donation-based Crowdfunding platform to serve the MWT Alliance and its programs
Investment Club develops Affordable Housing in Indonesia using CrowdfundingBerita Harian, Singapore
Funding of Construction of Houses for Flood Victim for Govt Contractor in Malaysia
Islamic Crowdfunding perfectly complements the Islamic Finance industry, due to its focus on community and its ability to engage the masses
- Umar Munshi
Nothing can be closer to Islamic Finance
- Sheikh Dr Ali Elgary @ WIBC 2015
Plugged into the Islamic
1. Budget start small and diversify
2. Objectivemonetary and social/religious
3. Interest & Comfortwhich campaign to support
Spread & Share!