Angela Nydia SabellaRizky Tiarani TesalonikaSeruni Preposition of Timefor Grade 3 Elementary School
DefinitionPreposition: A word or group of words used before a noun or pronoun to show place, position, time, or method.(According to Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary)
FunctionOn: is used with days and dates
At: is used with noon, night, midnight, and time of day (precise time)
In:is used with months, years, centuries,long periods, and seasons
ExamplesI will see you on Monday.My plane leaves at noon.
The days are long in August.
The week begins on Sunday.ON:The movie starts at 6 p.m.
AT: The days are long in August.
ExamplesHer birthday ison20 November.
The shop closesatmidnight.
There will be a meeting in the afternoon.
Mr. Tom always comes here on Tuesday morning.ON:Jane went homeatlunchtime.There should be a lot of progressin the next century.AT:IN:
Exercise Fill in the correct prepositions (in/on/ at)
Peter is playing tennis ____ Sunday.
2. My brother's birthday is ____ the 5th of November.
3. My birthday is ____ May.
4. We are going to see my parents ____ the weekend.
5. ____ 1666, a great fire broke out in London.
6. I don't like walking alone in the streets ____ night.
7. What are you doing ____ the afternoon?
8. My dad comes home ____ the lunchtime.
9. I like to watch the parade ____ Independence Day.
10. We finished the marathon ____ the same time
SourcesRetrieved May 28th 2013 from: