Summerset Winery Italy 2016
October 5-18, 2016
Ciao! Summerset Adventure Tours is traveling to the Tuscan countryside, the Italian Riviera, Florence and Rome this October! Well eat great pasta, see wonderful art, and of course.visit wineries! Our travel dates are October 5 - 18, 2016. Ron and Linda have traveled to Italy many times before, and have hand selected the locations well be visiting. Ron even speaks a bit of Italian! Well be in Portovenere for 2 nights and visit the beautiful Cinque Terre. Three nights in Florence with a tour of Florence, the Academy of Fine Arts (David), a visit to a small village celebrating geese, and a free day to explore Florence or take an optional tour to Venice. Two nights in the charming city of Orvieto and well also visit Montepulciano. Two nights in Rome visiting the Vatican, the Coliseum, and ancient ruins. We end our tour with three nights in Sorrento to visit the Amalfi coast, the island of Capri, and Pompeii.
Informational Meetings: Sunday, February 21, 1:00 at Snus Hill Winery, 2183 320th St., Madrid Sunday March 6, 1:00 at Summerset Winery, 15101 Fairfax, Indianola, Iowa Well provide snacks and wine, and youll have an opportunity to meet your fellow travelers. Well have lots of information about the trip and answer any of your questions.
For an online copy of this tour our website at http://www.summersetwine.com/adventure-tours/ or call us at 515.961.3545. We look forward to seeing you!
Ron & Linda Mark Summerset Adventure Tours Email: email@example.com Phone: 515.961.3545 Address: 15101 Fairfax St., Indianola, Iowa 50125
Attachments: Details of Trip Fun Stuff! Frequently Asked Questions Simple Agreement (to return to Summerset)
Includes Updated Information
DETAILS of TRIP Prices per person based on double occupancy: Air and land, including all taxes and fees: $ 5179* Land only: $ 3798* Single Supplement: $ 1080*
* If paying with credit card add 3% to price. Important Dates, Deposits, Refunds, and Cancellations: $500 deposit per person is due when Simple Agreement is signed. Please note that $250 is non-refundable (consider purchasing insurance to cover losses). $1000 additional per person is due by May 30, 2016. Final payment and a copy of your passport due by July 31, 2016**. Total of deposits received minus $250.00 if cancellation received by June 15, 2016. Cancellations received June 16 to July 30, 2016 will receive a refund minus $450. Cancellations received after July 31, 2016 will receive no refunds. If for some reason Summerset Adventure Tours cancels the trip all deposits will be refunded. **Additional fees may apply if total is not paid by July 31, 2016. Price Includes: - AIR TRANSPORTATION: Economy class air travel on United and Lufthansa from Des Moines to Florence (via Chicago and
Frankfurt) and returning from Naples (via Munich and Chicago) to Des Mones. All air includes taxes, fuel surcharges and ticketing fees.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: Twelve (12) nights in shared double occupancy at 4* hotels as follows: - 06-08 OCT (2 nts) PORTOVENERE 4* GRAND HOTEL PORTOVENERE (http://www.portovenerehotel.it/eng/index.html) - 08-11 OCT (3 nts) FLORENCE 4* GRAND HOTEL CAVOUR (http://www.albergocavour.it/eng/index.html) - 11-13 OCT (2 nts) ORVIETO 4* GRAND HOTEL ITALIA (http://www.grandhotelitalia.it/en/) - 13-15 OCT (2 nts) ROME 4* HOTEL LUDOVISI PALACE (http://www.ludovisipalacehotel.com/en/default.html) - 15-18 OCT (3 nts) SORRENTO 4* BW HOTEL SOLARA (http://www.lasolara.com/)
- MEALS included as follows:
- Continental buffet style breakfast daily at the hotels - Welcome dinner at Grand Hotel Portovenere on Oct. 6th - Lunch and wine tasting during excursion to Cinqueterre on Oct. 7th - Lunch and wine tasting in a Tuscan village on Oct. 9th (possibly requesting Castello Oliveto) - Lunch and wine tasting in Val dOrcia on Oct. 11th - Lunch and wine tasting at Lungarotti Winery in Torgiano on Oct. 12th - Lunch and wine tasting near Mt. Vesuvius on Oct. 15th - Dinner at the hotel in Sorrento on Oct. 16th - Farewell dinner with Tarantella show in Sorrento on Oct. 17th
Lunches and dinner include limited beverages: 1/2 lt. mineral water + lt. wine + coffee/tea
- PRIVATE GUIDED SIGHTSEEING TOURS & ENTRANCE FEES included as follows: . Stop at Miracle Square in Pisa to view Leaning Tower of Pisa (no guide and no entrance Fees included) on Oct. 6th . Full day excursion to Cinqueterre including boat ride (weather permitting, otherwise would be by train) on Oct. 7th . Half day guided tour of Florence including entrance Fees at Academy of Fine Arts on Oct. 8th . Full day excursion to Tuscany countryside to visit vineyards + attend palio del papero on Oct. 9th . Orientation tour of Montepulciano and Orvieto with tour escort on Oct. 11th . Excursion to Torgiano for wine tasting and Deruta to visit ceramic museum on Oct. 12th . Entrance fee to Museum and Crypt of Capuchin Monks in Rome on Oct. 13th . Ancient Rome tour + Vatican Museum tour on Oct. 14th (entrance Fees to Coliseum and Vatican Museum included) . Guided tour of Archaeological Park in Pomopeii on Oct. 15th (entrance Fees included) . Full day excursion to Capri island from Sorrento, including r/t transportation between hotel and pier + r/t boat
transfer to Capri and Sorrento + cable car up to Anacapri (no entrance Fees included) on Oct. 16th . Full day excursion along the Amalfi Coast, including visit to Cloister of St. Andrews in Amalfi (entrance Fees included)
+ visit at Villa Rufolo in Ravello (entrance Fees included) on Oct. 17th
- TRANSPORTATION by private air conditioned motorcoach. - PRIVATE PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH SPEAKING TOUR ESCORT throughout the trip.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
. Optional Travel insurance. More info available at: http://www.summersetwine.com/adventure-tours/
. Optional Excursion to Venice ($150 per person based on min. of 20 paying persons price includes round trip fast train tickets 2nd class + full day assistance + round trip boat transfer to San Marco + 2 hour private guide in Venice no entrance fees included.)
. Sightseeing tours and entrance fees other than specified
. Meals and beverages other than specified
. Porterage at hotels and airports (travel light!), gratuities and extras
. Anything not mentioned in price includes
Please kindly note the following IMPORTANT information: 1). There are no refunds for any unused portion of the tour that you decide not to participate locally. 2). The sightseeing is subject to change depending on the opening hours of the various sites included in the program, and depending on local conditions. 3). General gratuities are included in your package price, EXCEPT to your escort, driver and local guides. It is customary for the tour participants to tip, on a personal basis, the tour escort, driver and local guides based on the satisfaction of the services received. 4). Our US Dollar quotations are based on the approximate rate of exchange of today ( 1,00=$1.12). Flight Information: Flight Date Origin/Destination Departure time Arrival time United 426 / 05OCT DSM Chicago 1123 1248 Lufthansa 431 / 05OCT Chicago Frankfurt 1600 0715 Lufthansa 310 / 06OCT Frankfurt Florence 1125 1255 Lufthansa1927/ 18OCT Naples Munich 1215 1355 Lufthansa 434 / 18OCT Munich Chicago 1540 1825 United 3681 / 18OCT Chicago DSM 2235 2351
THE FUN STUFF: All the juicy details! Oct. 5 (Wed) Departure from USA Transfer on your own to Des Moines airport for your flight to Frankfurt with connection in Chicago Flight UA 426 departs from Des Moines at 11:23AM and arrives in Chicago at 12:48PM Fight LH431 departs from Chicago at 4:00PM and arrives in Frankfurt at 7:15AM (next morning) Meals will be served on the intercontinental flight. Oct. 6 (Thu) Frankfurt Florence Pisa Portovenere Dinner (D) 7:15AM Arrive at Frankfurt airport, clear passport control and proceed to gate for your connecting flight to Florence 11:25AM flight LH1927 departs from Frankfurt
12:55PM Arrival at Florence airport. Outside the luggage claim area meet your private English speaking tour escort. Together board your private bus and transfer to the Square of Miracle (Piazza dei Miracoli) in Pisa to admire the Leaning Tower, as well as the Duomo and Baptistery (outside viewing only no entrance fees or local guide included). Afterwards travel by private bus to your hotel in Portovenere. Check in to your hotel and the balance of the afternoon is at leisure to relax and get acquainted with your surroundings. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Oct. 7 (Fri) Portovenere Cinque Terre Breakfast (B), Lunch (L), Wine (W) After breakfast depart for a for a full day excursion to the Cinque Terre. Cinque Terre means five lands and the region takes its name from the five charming villages that are dotted along its rugged coast. Journey by either boat or train, depending on the weather and sea conditions. Learn about the history of the area. Gaze at the amazing surroundings: from the olive groves to the incredible view of the Ligurian Sea to the hillside vineyards. Snap photos of the colorful buildings that make up the villages as you head out to a local vineyard along the coast. Wine tasting and lunch is included in todays tour. Afterwards return to your hotel in Portovenere for dinner on own and overnight. Oct. 8 (Sat) Portovenere Florence (B)
Breakfast at the hotel and private departure transfer to Florence. Free time for lunch on own and check in at the hotel. Afternoon private guided tour of Florence, including entrance fees to the Academy of Fine Arts. Dinner on own and overnight.
5 Oct. 9 (Sun) Florence Castello di Oliveto Balconevisi (Palio del Papero) Florence (B, L, W)
After breakfast at the hotel, travel by private bus in the heart of Florentine hills, up to Castello di Oliveto. Built in 1424 by the noble Dei Pucci family of Florence, the Castello di Oliveto is one of Tuscanys most beautiful historical residences. Whats more, it provides the ideal setting for unforgettable, history-making events of your very own. Enjoy lunch and wine tasting. In the afternoon transfer to the village of Balconevisi to join the locals in the quirkiest race ever. Instead of racing horses, residents of the towns four contrade (districts) pit goose against goose in the Palio del Papero. A street market with crafts and local delicacies keeps spectators entertained until the race begins (approx. around 5:30 6PM).
Afterwards return to your hotel in Florence. Dinner on own and overnight. Oct. 10 (Mon) Florence (optional excursion to Venice) (B) Breakfast at the hotel and full day at leisure in Florence Optional full day excursion to Venice by train ($150 per person based on a minimum of 20 paying participants : includes full day private English speaking assistance, round trip fast train ticket between Florence and Venice + 2 hours private local guide in Venice -no meals or entrance fees included) Lunch and dinner on own. Oct. 11 (Tue) Florence Montepulciano Orvieto (B, L, W) Breakfast at the hotel and departure by private bus to Montepulciano. Today swap the urban sights of Florence for the villages, scenery, wine and food of Tuscany as you travel to the hill town of Montepulciano in Val dOrcia. Built on a sloping and narrow limestone ridge in the heart of the Vino Nobile wine growing area, Montepulciano is the largest hill town in southern Tuscany and is known for its impressive central square, beautiful Renaissance buildings, churches, and views. Enjoy lunch accompanied by the local wine. Afterwards travel to Orvieto for some free time to explore this town on own before continuing to your hotel for overnight. Dinner on own. Oct. 12 (Wed) Orvieto TORGIANO-DERUTA Orvieto (B, L, W)
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning excursion to Torgiano to visit the wine estate and cantina of Lungarotti Winery. Lunch and wine tasting included. In the afternoon continue onto Deruta to visit the Ceramic factory. Free time to explore the town on own before returning to your hotel in Orvieto area. Dinner on own.
Oct. 13 (Thu) Orvieto Area Rome (B) After breakfast at the hotel board your private bus and travel to the Rome city center and enjoy a panoramic city tour by bus before arriving at your hotel for check in. Well visit the Church of our Lady of Conception of Capuchins . Underneath this 17th Century church is an unusual catacomb featuring the skeletons of around 4,000 friars. Their bones are arranged throughout six chapels/crypts in lamps, sculptures and mosaic-like displays of flowers, geometric shapes, an hourglass, and various religious symbols. There is the Crypt of the Skulls, the Crypt of the Leg Bones, The Crypt of the Pelvises, (entrance fees included). Remainder of the day at leisure. Lunch and dinner on own.
6 Oct. 14 (Fri) Rome (B) Breakfast at the hotel. Morning private guided tour of Ancient Rome, including inside visit of the Coliseum . After lunch on own, your afternoon continues with a private guided tour of the Vatican Museums (visit to Sistine Chapel included), and St. Peters Basilica. Lunch and dinner on own. Oct. 15 (Sat) Rome Mt. Vesuvio Pompeii Sorrento (B, L, W) After breakfast at the hotel travel south by private bus to the Campania region. Stop on Mt. Vesuvius to visit a wine producer, where youll enjoy lunch and tasting of the local wine. Afterwards continue on to Pompeii for a private guided tour of the archaeological area. At the end of the tour travel to your hotel in Sorrento. Dinner on own and overnight at the hotel. Oct. 16 (Sun) Sorrento Capri Sorrento (B, D) Breakfast at the hotel and transfer by private minibus to Sorrento pier to board the boat headed to Capri. Transfer by cable car to Marina Grande/Capri for a walking tour. Lunch on own and cable car back to the pier for your return boat transfer to Sorrento. Minibus transfer back to Sorrento. Dinner at the hotel and overnight.
Oct. 17 (Mon) Sorrento Amalfi Ravello Sorrento (B, D) Breakfast at the hotel and departure by private bus for a full day excursion along the Amalfi Coast. Stop included in Amalfi for a guided walking tour, including a visit to the Cloister of St. Andrew. Continue on to Ravello to visit Villa Rufolo and for free time for lunch on own. Return to Sorrento for a farewell dinner including Tarantella show entertainment. Return to...