2. "Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely." ~ Karen Kaiser Clark
3. "Any company trying to compete must figure out a way to engage the mind of every employee. A company's greatest asset is its employees.~ General Electric CEO, Jack Welch
4. Seven Balloons of Leadership Leaders need to make the right decisions, be open to new opportunities & ideas, respond effectively to change, prepare for it, & create. All to operate as an elite unit.
5. *Speed *Surprise *Confidence *Concentration *Team Work *Assertive *Attitude *Empathy
6. * Transform management systems * Lower cost with increased productivity
7. John Dewey observed "A problem well put is half-solved."
8. A concept is to be reduced to a singular essence.
9. EGOSquish OthersPowerGreed
10. Ego Power Over Others
11. . ego Power WITH Others *Boundaries *Balance *Shared Responsibility
12. Look for the good and praise it.~ Unknown
13. Orwellian Metaphor George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four. Orwell depicted a harrowing totalitarian society, that watches its citizens obsessively and demands strict discipline. The focus is on the harms, inhibition and control.
14. Kafkaesque Metaphor Franz Kafka's The Trial. Centers around a man who is arrested but not informed why and is unable to learn much more. The focus is on the harms, a bureaucracy that uses people and makes important decisions about them, yet denies the people the ability to participate.
15. Literary Metaphor George Orwell~1984 Obsessively demands strict discipline Harms as inhibition and social control Franz Kafka ~ The Trial Suffocating powerlessness & vulnerability created by the system Harms are bureaucratic onesindifference, error, abuse, frustration, & lack of transparency & accountability
16. The best training any parent can give a child is to train the child to train himself.~ Unknown
17. Complications Information Processing Affects Power in Relationships between People & the Institutions Creates a Sense of Helplessness, Frustration & Powerlessness
18. Solutions Focus Affect Social Structure by Altering the relationships people have with the institutions that make decisions about their lives. Orwellian Metaphorthose of surveillanceand aren't adequately addressing the Kafkaesque Metaphorthose of information processing.
19. Recognize the Problems Existence Acknowledge the Problems Disclosure Shared Resonance Slow Accretion of a Series of Acts Right to FLY!
20. Whatever You Can Do or Dream You Can, Begin It. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe