Text of Strange Driving Laws From Around the World
1. From Around The World
2. In the past weve brought you some of the worlds most bizarre driving laws, but with so many out-there laws it feels like were leaving you short-changed... Lets wet your whistle: Did you know... In Denmark, drivers are legally obliged to check under their vehicle before starting it up... to see if theres a person lurking underneath. Well take a look at some of the seemingly silliest legislation as we aim to not only inform... but entertain.
3. Florida It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your vehicle. Alabama Its illegal to sound your horn after 9pm when near a place where burgersand drinks are being served. Arkansas If you think you can tie your elephant to a parking metre for free, youve got another think coming! Itll cost ya.
4. Philippines You are not allowed to drive on a Monday if your registration plate ends in the number 1 or 2... It will cost you around 5. Singapore It is illegal to come within 50 metres of a pedestrian. Japan If you splash a passer-by with rainwater, even though it may seem comical to you, expect a fine.
5. Georgia You will receive a ticket if you drive around the block 100 consecutive times. Ohio Thinking about driving your black car on a Sunday? Well... guess what? Nope! Arkansas That shortcut you take across the school play area? Well, you cant in Georgia. It is illegal to drive across a childrens playground.
6. Luxembourg All cars must have windscreen wipers... even the ones without windscreens. Serbia All cars must carry a tow bar and a 3m length of rope, otherwise... FINE! Spain In some cities it is law that cars must be parked on the odd-house-numbered side of the road on uneven days of the month.
7. Connecticut You cannot cross state lines with a duck on your head. Planning on getting around that law by walking? Well dont! Thats also illegal. Minnesota Oh, while were at it, you cant drive a camel on the highway, just so you know. Nevada In case youre able to, dont ride your push bike at over 65mph, OK? Its sort of one of the rules...
8. ...jump from your vehicle if it is travelling in excess of 65 mph. ...leave your vehicle unmanned if its travelling over 60 mph. Dont... ...shoot animals from your vehicle, unless its a whale.
9. Hackney carriage drivers must always carry a bag of oats and a bale of hay. It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hands on the vehicle. Cab drivers are legally required to ask every passenger if they have small pox or the plague.