1. GM India Launches All-New Chevrolet Beat Hatchback and Unveils Chevrolet Adra Concept Among 13 Chevrolet concept and production vehicles appearing at 12th Auto Expo 2014 New Delhi: General Motors India today launched the all-new Chevrolet Beat hatchbackand unveiled the new Chevrolet Adra concept vehicle in New Delhi at the 12th Auto Expo 2014. The models are among the 13 concept and production vehicles appearing on the Chevrolet stand at Indias premier auto show. GM is proud to be showcasing an array of products offered by Chevrolet, one of the worlds fastest-growing vehicle brands, at the Auto Expo, said GM India President and Managing Director Lowell Paddock. Many of the products on display were engineered locally to meet the unique needs and preferences of the domestic market. They represent our commitment to continue growing our presence in India, said Stefan Jacoby, GM executive vice president and president, GM International Operations.Chevrolet Beat The Chevrolet Beat is GM Indias best-selling model. The all-new Beat has refreshed styling that sets a new standard for the hatchback segment. A trendy new chromeaccentuated front grille with Chevrolets aggressive dual-port design theme highlights the upgraded exterior. The Beats newly designed clear glass headlamps have black accents, while its new taillamps sport a stylish combination of colored and clear glass. Trendy new fog lamps with chrome surrounds and a newly designed rear spoiler with LED inserts along with sporty reflectors on the new dual-tone rear bumper complete the aggressively styled exterior. The Beat is available with a choice of eight exterior colours: Super Red, Cocktail Green, Sandrift Grey, Switch Blade Silver, Summit White, Misty Lake, Linen Beige and Caviar Black. Inside, audio controls mounted on the steering wheel are available on selected variants to enable drivers to enjoy music without taking their eyes off the road. The all-new Beat also comes with a new silver interior and height-adjustable drivers seat for added comfort.
2. The Beat, which is available with a choice of three fuel options (petrol, diesel and LPG), is the most fuel-efficient hatchback in the market. It has ARAI-certified fuel economy of 25.44 km/L for the diesel engine, 18.6 km/L for the petrol engine and 13.3 km/L for the LPG engine. Top variants come with front dual air bags, anti-lock brakes (ABS) and Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) as standard for complete safety. The 10 variants of the all-new Beat offered in India are priced between Rs 4.06 lakh and Rs 6.10 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi).Chevrolet Adra The Chevrolet Adra concept SUV, which was developed entirely by Indian designers at the GM Technical Centre-India (GMTC-I) in Bangalore, is making its global debut at the show. The Adra adopts traditional global Chevrolet design language while addressing local customer expectations to cater to the next generation of Indian car buyers. It offers all of the advantages of a traditional SUV such as high ground clearance, exceptional allaround visibility, a high seating stance and generous interior space in a compact package. The Adra is a major achievement for our local designers, who conceptualized and designed the model from the ground up, said Paddock. It represents a new possibility for the fast-growing compact SUV segment.Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Chevrolet has redefined performance with the 2014 Corvette Stingray. The most powerful standard Corvette model ever generates an SAE-certified 455 hp (339 kW) of power and 460 lb-ft (624 Nm) of torque. With the available performance exhaust system, it generates 460 hp (343 kW) of power and 465 lb-ft (630 Nm) of torque. The interior of the Corvette Stingray blends fine materials and craftsmanship with advanced technologies that contribute to a connected and engaging driving experience. It starts with the fighter jet-inspired wraparound cockpit; continues with the smaller steering wheel, more supportive seats and high-definition configurable screens; and finishes with the high-grade materials.Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 The roots of the new Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 go back to the legendary 1969 production model. Todays Camaro ZL1 is the most technologically advanced Camaro yet.
3. Powered by an all-aluminum 6.2L supercharged V8 engine, it produces 580 hp of power and 556 lb-ft of torque. Its strong presence is echoed by a dual-mode exhaust. The Camaro ZL1 sits on a performance-tuned suspension that uses Magnetic Ride Control to adapt to varying road and track surfaces. Performance Traction Management (PTM) on the Camaro ZL1 Coupe integrates Magnetic Ride Control and launch control with a manual transmission, traction control and active handling systems for racetrack-ready performance and consistency. The sports car has been tested on some of the most rigorous tracks around the globe, including Germanys world-renowned Nrburgring, where it ran a 7:41.27 lap.Chevrolet Trailblazer The Chevrolet Trailblazer is the brands entry in the SUV-D segment. Launched in 2012, it offers strong performance, ultimate comfort and safety. The Trailblazer is aimed at those who like driving long distances and travelling upcountry during weekends and holidays. Its spacious interior can seat up to seven people. The second- and third-row seats fold flat for additional cargo capacity. Its 2.8L engine produces 200 hp of peak power at 3,600 rpm and 500 Nm of torque at 2,000 rpm, making the Trailblazer one of the most powerful vehicles in its class. Chassis control features include the Traction Control System (TCS), Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA), Panic Brake Assist (PBA), Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD), Electronic Stability Control (ESC) or StabiliTrak, Hill Decent Control (HDC) and Hill Start Assist (HSA). The Trailblazer is equipped with Chevrolet's latest-generation MyLink infotainment system, which provides smartphone connectivity, streaming audio and video. Users can access personal playlists and make hands-free calls. Its rugged yet sophisticated exterior, spacious interior, class-leading engine, and superior on- and off-road driving dynamics have enabled the Chevrolet Trailblazer to carve out a healthy niche in Southeast Asia, South Africa and the Middle East. It is also sold in Australia under the Holden brand.Chevrolet Cruze The all-new Chevrolet Cruze sedan features aggressive styling, with a new dual-port front grille with a gold bowtie, newly designed front and rear bumpers, new dual-bezel
4. design headlamps, new alloy wheels and new fog lamps with chrome surrounds. It also has an aggressive stance, muscular shoulders and taut styling crease lines. The refreshed exterior styling is complemented by a luxurious black interior and a Corvette-inspired dual-cockpit design. It also comes with a full range of safety features usually found on more expensive luxury cars such as dual air bags and side air bags. Its rigid safety cage has reinforced pillars with tubular bars that provide optimum protection in the event of a collision. In addition, the Cruze has the most powerful diesel engine in its segment. The quiet diesel powerplant generates 166 ps of power. The Chevrolet stand has on display a special swanky Cruze finished in carbon fibre. Its 18-inch alloy wheels and headlamp and taillamp accessories give it an even more muscular stance. Its custom black interior is complemented by red illuminated sill plates and a steering wheel cover with white stitching.Chevrolet Enjoy The Chevrolet Enjoy offers a fresh new choice in Indias fast-growing compact MPV segment. It is available with seven or eight seats, making it ideal for family and business use. The Enjoy is built on a new global passenger car platform created especially for fastgrowing countries such as India. Engineers at the GMTC-I worked for over two years adapting the platform for the domestic market. The result is comfortable ride and handling that have been fine-tuned to meet the toughest Indian driving conditions. At the heart of the Enjoy is GM Indias latest family of 1.4L petrol and 1.3L diesel SMARTECH engines, which provide an excellent combination of power, fuel efficiency and emissions. On display is a One World Futbol Special Edition Enjoy. It includes body decals that celebrate the partnership between Chevrolet and the One World Futbol Project. Chevrolet is donating 1.5 million nearly indestructible footballs to impoverished children worldwide through 2015. In India, Chevrolet has pledged to donate around 20,000 footballs. Also on display is the stunning Chevrolet Enjoy Luxury Version from DC Design. It is aimed at those who want an exclusive and luxurious MPV experience. It has a restrained high-class exterior with a unique fascia and color, Burnished Caramel.
5. The interior has exclusive trims and amenities. They include a modern full-screen television, leather-upholstered fully reclining and adjustable seats, a fully functional chiller unit, and multifunctional trays and tables.Chevrolet Sail Hatchback & Notchback Like the Enjoy, the Chevrolet Sail is built on a new global passenger car platform created especially for fast-growing emerging markets and tailored for the domestic market at the GMTC-I. Both the notchback and hatchback have adopted Chevrolets signature styling cues, including a dual-port front grille adorned with a gold bowtie. The hood features muscular cut-lines that provide a three-dimensional look. From the side, the unique waistline gives both models a dynamic stance. The interior is spacious, airy and bright, with Chevrolets dual-cockpit design. The sporty instrument panel with chrome-plated accents contains a radio, CD player with Bluetooth music streaming and mobile hands-free controls with Aux-in interface. With its fuel tank placed in the middle of the car and short front and rear overhangs, the Sail maximizes interior space. It can seat up to five people in comfort. Its