TOP 21 THINGS TO DO IN KERALA
Kerala is nearly 600km of Arabian Sea shoreline. It is a state on Indias tropical Malabar Coast. Kerala is full of breathtaking views. It is famous for its palm-lined beaches and its backwaters, a network of canals popular for cruises. It is also known for its beautiful tea plantations. Here is a list of top 21 things to do in Kerala which will make your trip a memorable one.
1. STAY IN A KERALA HOUSEBOAT:A trip to Kerala wouldnt be complete without a stay in a houseboat. It is an amazing feeling looking at the lush green landscape and being served a freshly prepared meal as you travel through the tranquil backwaters. The boat accommodates the whole family and includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
2. ENJOY VILLAGE LIFE FOR A DAY:Have an authentic rural experience in Kerala. Explore the local paddy cultivation, fishing, canoeing in mangrove forests and much more. Many home stays are available which can be booked by the visitors.
3. STAY ON A TREE HOUSE:Staying on a tree house will give you an opportunity to get close to the nature and which will be a great experience. There are options of staying in a tree house at Munnar, Wayanad, Thekkady and Athirapally. You can also indulge in activities like rappelling, rock climbing, mountain climbing and nature walks.
4. WATCH THE SNAKE BOAT RACES:Watching the snake boat races in Kerala would be an amazing experience. Snake boat races are mostly held from July to September particularly during Onam Festival.
5. WATCH THEYYAM:Theyyam is a festival in Kerala. Watching people performing it is a great experience. They are staged in various temples of North Kerala. You can also catch performances in Kerala Museum at Kochi.
6. ELEPHANT BATHING:Kodanad Elephant Sanctuary is a major attraction in Kerala which is 42kms away from Kochi. Visit this place for some exciting activities like elephant bath, elephant safari, elephant feeding and also watching baby elephants.
7. TAKE A SPICE TOUR:Take a tour of spice gardens in Munnar, Thekkady or Wayanad. You can also take some authentic cardamom, black pepper, cinnamon and explore the farms on a nature walk.
8. TOUR IN FORT KOCHI:Fort Kochi is an amazing place to visit in Kerala. Fort Kochi has a lot of eclectic architecture to look at. You can explore the place by foot or on a bicycle.
9. GET AYURVEDIC TREATMENT:Ayurveda is the medical side of yoga. Most places that offer Ayurvedic treatment are located in Kerala. Am sure it will be a soothing experience!
10. CATCH KATHAKALI PERFORMANCE:Kathakali is a very ancient form of dance and drama that is traditional to Kerala. The movements of dance are subtle yet they tell a meaningful mythological story.
11. WATCH THE SUNSET AT THE KOVALAM BEACH:Kovalam Beach is one of the finest in Kerala. It is about 16kms from Thiruvananthapuram. The major attractions here are the lighthouse beach, Hawah Beach and the Samudra Beach.
12. GET DRENCHED UNDER A WATERFALL:Athirapally Falls is one of the major attractions in Kerala which are 80 feet tall. It is 55kms away from the Kochi International Airport and is easily reachable by bus or taxi.
13. SWIM IN THE ARABIAN SEA:Take a bathe in the medicinal mineral water springs in Varkala Beach and the salty ocean water on this beautiful beach. Varkala is best visited between December and March.
14. BIRD WATCHING IN KUMARAKOM:At Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary you will spot rare migratory birds such as egret, heron, waterfowl, and Siberian crane. It is about 3 ride hour from Kochi by bus or taxi.
15. SPOT WILDLIFE AND ENJOY NATURE:Periyar National Park is one of the major attractions in Kerala. It is one of the most popular national parks in Southern India. It is open during monsoon season, and offers a wide range of eco-tourism activities where you can explore nature.
16. HILL TREK:Banasura Trek runs through the trails that overlook some gorgeous sights like a view of Banasura Lake. Keep your camera charged as you might come across some rare bird and reptile spices.
17. WEAR A TRADITIONAL KERALA OUTFIT:Trying on a new outfit is always exciting. Here wearing a traditional Kerala outfit is going to give you a brand new look. For men it is mundu-shirt and for women it is a Kerala set saree.
18. BAMBOO RAFTING:If you are going to Periyar Reserve, you can go for bamboo rafting for a new experience. You will be surrounded by exotic scenery, and the flora and fauna while riding on those bamboo rafts.
19. TAKE A FERRY RIDE FROM MARINA DRIVE:Walking along the marina drive you can watch the ships come and go. But you must take a ferry ride from Marina Drive and reach Fort Kochi. It will be a great experience looking at the beauty of the scenery.
20. SEE CHINESE FISHING NETS:Kerala had strong trade links with china in past and the evidence is when you see the Chinese Fishing Nets. You can see them along the Kerala backwaters. It is great during early mornings.
21. SOME EXOTIC SHOPPING:If you are looking for exotic jewellery and bronze sculptures you can go to Jews Street in Mattancherry in Cochin. You will also get to see some interesting antique gallery and shops.
If you want to know about our packages, visit FLAMINGO TRANSWORLD PVT. LTD. Or check our Kerala Tour Packages.
Contact Details :=Companies Name : Flamingo Transworld Pvt. Ltd.Address : 201/202, Gala Business Centre, St. Xaviers College Corner, Near Classic Gold Hotel, Off C. G. Road, Ahmedabad 380009, Gujarat, India.Contact Person : Mr. Alap Patel Contact Number : 0091 9825081806, 07940001500Email ID : email@example.com
Website : http://www.flamingotravels.co.in