Israel – so what is it all about?
Israel presentation in Georgia (Sportship project)
- 1. Israel so what is it all about?
2. What is the size of Israel? 22,072 km^2 3. How many people live in Israel? 7,465,500 4. There are three main religions in Israel:
- And others, like: Bedouins, Druze, Baha'i,etc.
- As you all know, there are many holy places forChristians in Israel:
- Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Important places for the Islam:
- Is a term used to express religious, culture, nation and ethnic group.
- The holy book of Judaism is the Bible, which is composed of 24 smaller books.
- There are 13 million Jews around the world.
8. But not all Jews are the same:
9. The most important place for Jews
- Is the Western Wall, the only remains of the second temple (70 CE).
- The site is located in the old
10. Jewish Holidays
- The Hebrew wordkoshermeans "fit. Foods that are fit for a Jew to eat.
- In the Bible the Jews were given rules and by following them we obey Gods intentions.
- There are advantages such as health benefits,
- humane treatment of animals, unifying effect and a shield against assimilation.
12. The kosher basics
- The meat, milk and eggs of certain species of animal are permitted for consumption. In addition, a series of laws govern how the animal should be killed and which parts of the animal can be eaten.
- Meat and milk are never combined. Separate utensils are used for each, and a waiting period of 1-6 hours is observed between eating them.
- Fruits, vegetables and grains
- are basically always kosher,
- Bet Knesset the Jewish house of prayer
14. The importance of Shabbat (Saturday )
- The meaning of the word is rest.
- Shabbatis observed from Fridays sundown until Saturdays sundown.
- Jewish law prohibits doing many forms on Shabbat.