1. What is Listening? Listening means understanding.
2. SHORT TIME MEMORY Remember 25 words
3. TABLES How to make table up to 100
4. After learning this you will be able to find square of a
number ending with 5 say 25, 35, 45 etc. Say you want to find
square of 85 Do the following: Multiply 5 by 5 and put 25 as your
right part of the answer. Multiply 8 by the next higher digit i.e.
9 and put 72 as your left part of the answer. Your answer is 7225
You can use this formula to find square of any number ending with
5. SQUARE ROOT ENDING WITH 0 First digit squaqre & put 00
e.g. 30=900 40=1600
6. Square of other number Steps. 1. Square of last digit. 2.
Both number multiply & double. 3. Square of first digit. e.g.
48=2304 . 8 square is 64 so put 4 & carry 6 . 4 multiply by 8
& double plus carry =32+32+6 is 70 so put 0 & 7 carry. . 4
square is 16 + carry 7 = 23.
7. A man has 49 cows. The first cow gives one litre milk, the
second cow gives 2 litre of milk, the third cow gives 3 litre milk
& so on up to the forty-ninth cow which gives 49 litre of milk.
This man has 7 sons. He want to divide the 49 cows with his 7 sons
in such a manner that the each child receives the same number of
cows & the same quantity of milk. Can you help him to do
8. 1) Start middle of right hand. 2) L from all right column to
left. 3) L from up column to down column. 4) Next upper column. 5)
One step back.
9. Learn how to make Cub.
10. Addition from other side.
11. TO MULTI- PLY BY THE PROCEDURE IS THIS: MULTIPLICATION BY
ELEVEN Add the neighbour. Each successive number of the
multiplicand is added to its neighbour at the right.
12. MULTIPLICATION BY TWELVE Double each number in turn and add
its neighbour. This is the same as multiplying by 11 except that
now we double the "number" before we add its "neighbour."
13. o Zero times any number at all is zero.
14. 1 Copy down the multiplicand unchanged.
15. 2 Double each digit of the multiplicand.
16. 3 First step: subtract from 10 and double, and add 5 if the
number is odd. Middle steps: subtract from 9 and double, add 5 if
the number is odd, and add "half" the neighbour. Last step: take
"half" the left-hand digit of the multiplicand and reduce by
17. 4 First step: subtract from 10, and add 5 if the number is
odd. Middle steps: subtract from 9 and add "half" the neighbour,
plus 5 if the number is odd. Last step: take "half" the left-hand
of the multiplicand and reduce by l.
18. 5 Use "half" the neighbour, plus 5 if the number is
19. 6 Add 5 to the number if the number is odd; add nothing if
it is even. Add "half" the neighbour (dropping fractions, if
20. 7 Double the number and add 5 if the number is odd, and add
"half" the neighbour.
21. 8 First step: subtract from 10 and double. Middle steps:
subtract from 9, double, and add the neighbour. Last step: reduce
left-hand digit of multiplicand by 2.
22. 9 First step: subtract from 10. Middle steps: subtract from
9 and add the neighbour. Last step: reduce left-hand digit of
multiplicand by l.