Powerpoint slides from internal presentation on Social Media strategy & techniques: 28/1/11
- 1. Social Networking
- How To Raise Your profile in the Digital Marketplace
( ) 2. What is social Networking?
- Asocial network serviceis an online service, platform, or site that focuses on building and reflecting ofsocial networksorsocial relationsamong people who share interests and/or activities. A social network service essentially consists of a representation of each user (often a profile), his/her social links, and a variety of additional services. Most social network services areweb basedand provide means for users to interact over theinternet , such ase-mailandinstant messaging . Althoughonline communityservices are sometimes considered as a social network service. In a broader sense, social network service usually means an individual-centered service whereasonline communityservices are group-centered. Social networking sites allow users to share ideas, activities, events, and interests within their individual networks.
( ) 3. How We Network.... ( ) Percentage of 18-30 year olds that say they do the following activities on a weekly basis 4. Social networking stats
- * Facebookclaimsthat 50% of active users log into the site each day. This would mean at least 175m users every 24 hours.
- * Twitter now has 75m user accounts, but only around 15m are active users on a regular basis.
- * LinkedInhas over90m members worldwide. This means an increase of around 1m members month-on-month.
- * Facebook currently has in excess of 350 million active users Worldwide.
- * Flickr now hosts more than 4bn images.
- * Photo uploads to Facebook have increased by more than 100% within the past two years. Currently, there are around 2.5bn uploads to the site each month.
- * Mobile is even bigger than before for Facebook, with more than 65m users accessing the site through mobile-based devices. Mobile users are 65%more active than non-mobile users.
( ) 5. Popular Social networks
( ) 6. Social Media Landscape ( ) 7.
Facebook ) ( 8. Applications of Facebook in Business ( ) 9. Why use Facebook marketing? ( ) 10. Groups
- 1. DEMO:Posting to a Facebook Group & Spreading the word quickly
- 2.DEMO:Inviting people to your group
- 3. DEMO:Facebook Advertising
) ( 11. Twitter
) ( 12. Your Tweet Space ( ) 13. Types Of Tweet ( ) * Job Tweet * Update Tweet Text * News Tweet What can you say in 140 characters?.... You d be surprised! 14. Types Of Tweet ( ) * Location Tweet * Blog Tweet * Picture Tweet What can you say in 140 characters?.... You d be surprised! 15. Types Of Tweet ( ) * Chat Tweet * Sharing Tweet * Re-Tweet What can you say in 140 characters?.... You d be surprised! 16. Say Thank You!!! ( ) 17. Linkedin
) ( 18. LinkedIn for Recruiters( ) 19. Why use Linkedin marketing? ( ) 20. Linkedin
- 1. DEMO:Setting Up & Maintaining a Group
- 2.DEMO:Advanced Search & Saved Search
- 5. DEMO:Viewing Network Stats
) ( 21. Blogger
) ( 22. Your Blog Space ( ) 23. Blogging
- 1. DEMO:Basic Blog Functionality
- 4. DEMO:Using your blog as a portal
- 5. DEMO:Using Google Analytics
) ( 24. Other Networks ( )
- You Tube - Video Content (Ideal for broadcast)
- Slideshare - Powerpoint presentations online (ideal for promotional materials etc.)
- Foursquare - GPS based (Special offers)
) ( 26. Your Hoot Space ( ) 27. Hootsuite
- 1. DEMO:Posting from Hootsuite
- 2. DEMO:Mentions & Retweets
- 3. DEMO: Listening to social networks
) ( 28. Branding
- How to ensure that Social Networking activity works alongside your Brand Strategy
) ( 29. Social Network Branding....
- Consistent (Colours etc.)
( ) 30. How Social Media Branding Compliments Brand Values
- Plugged In, Fresh & Innovative:These three absolutely synonymous with social networking
- Expertise:Our social networkingstrategy should position us as the experts in our marketplace
- Ethical & Integrity & Clarity:These factors can be built into our online content through careful branding
( ) 31. Mini Mee
- Every good brand needs a mascot. As all of the main social networks give you the option to use an avatar , I decided to combine the two for my online presence.
- My Mini Mee will appear on every key blog/social networking page and is fully customisable.
( ) 32. Linkedin Mee
- For more formal occasions.
( ) 33. YouTube Mee
- For the brodcast specialist.
( ) 34. Xmas Mee
( ) 35. Movember Mee
- For the distinguished gentleman.
( ) 36. ( ) And here he is in action.... 37. In Summary
- Become the expert in your field by raising your profile ahead of the competition
- Connects you with more potential clients and candidates
- Helps you to monitor your brands performance in the digital marketplace
( ) Using social marketing as part of your marketing strategy allows you to: 38. Thank You. ) (