Social Media Marketing - Engage or Die
Presentation on the basics of Social Media marketing to the Memphis chapter of the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) June 10, 2010
- 1. Social Media Marketing Engage or Die
Memphis IREM Chapter
June 10, 2010
2. Social Media Revolution 2
3. So, how did we get to this?
What were you doing on the Internet 15 years ago?
It will never replace good, old fashioned advertising
Its just a fad
Should I invest in a website for my business?
It takes so long to get the pictures to load
I wonder what else ison this Information Super Highway
4. Image courtesy of Dachis Group - http://www.dachisgroup.com
5. Google was started in 1998
It wasnt long before Google became a VERB!
When was the last time you Googled yourself?
6. Engage or Die!Brian Solis
SEARCH(its all about search)
Someone is looking for YOU
Traditional (Google, Bing, Yahoo)
Social (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube)
Real time (more real time all the time)
7. So, how do I become a player?
Start by realizing that Search and Engagement are now irrevocably intertwined
8. 2 Tips for new social web marketers
The right attitude is more important than mastery of the media.
You dont need a social media strategy.You need a business strategy that includes social media.
9. Developing a Social Marketing PlanThe Basics
10. 11. 12. 13. 14. Business factors to consider
15. Image courtesy of John Haydon http://johnhaydon.com
16. Business Pages establish dialog and rapport with your customers, fans, and Likers
17. Promote your professional and business image
18. Immediate, succinct engagement and interaction
19. Show me!
21. Where to find me