4. Many tools can help you get a job. But focusing on the tools is absurd.
5. One tool can have many uses. We cant predict what people will do with tools.
6. You probably think some new tools are silly. Is it the tools?
7. Sherrys Secrets: 1) People are curious. 2) People like to talk. 3) People like to help (if its easy).
8. 1) People are curious. Theyre interested in things you know about. They want to know more about you. 2) People like to talk. Listen & learn. Chime in. 3) People like to help (if its easy). Help them first. Make it easy.
9. Which should you use??
10. Consider the attributes of the tool you choose: Intimacy Nuance Detail Potential Audience Reciprocity Permanence Searchability Immediacy Geography
11. Relationship Building intimacy privacy nuance geography reciprocity
15. Help Me (if its easy) Introduce me to a stonemason in Portland Suggest improvements to this talk Hire or meet with a Bowdoin student Tell me about a surprising job youve loved Recommend me on LinkedIn Share a cutting from a hardy houseplant