Text of Make a better social collaboration platform with share point 2013
1. Make a better socialcollaboration platform withSharePoint 2013Thuan NguyenSharePoint MVPthuan@availys.com@nnthuan
2. About Me Microsoft SharePoint MVP (2011, 2012) SharePoint Consultant at Availys LLC Author, Writer, Trainer & Public Speaker Founder & Editor in Chief of SharePointVNPublisher SharePoint Saturday Vietnam boardmember Founder of Vietnam SharePoint User Group
3. Availys Global SharePoint Solutions Provider 6 years experience delivering EnterpriseSharePoint Solutions. Fortune 500 client base Close association with many of the GlobalSharePoint thought leaders Strong ties with the Geographic power bases ofSharePoint USA, UK, EU, ASPAC True open partnering philosophy supportingMicrosoft partners throughout the World. Success in adoption and maturity in deliveringSharePoint based change programs
4. Our ApproachBreaking Geo Boundaries.Our Employees are based inoffices in theUSA, UK, Vietnam, Czechrepublic, Portugal, India, Russia.Our directly employed teamshave World Class skills that canservice local regions.Smaller teams tuned to localGeographyJoel is working with Availys todeliver a new pipeline ofSharePoint Applications to takeSharePoint 2013 to the next level.
5. Agenda Why Social Collaboration for your organization? New Social features in SharePoint 2013 Demo Tour Q & A
11. WHY in a nutshell? Knowledge Asset Management Solid collaboration through social Improve user adoption through GAMIFICATION Build sustainable corporate culture
12. FordsStorySharePoint Social Features gave Fords 160,000 worldwideemployees an open, accessible, companywide social networkingplatform for connecting with colleagues, sharing information,teaching, and collaborating..
13. EAs Story50 % of all EA employees havecompleted profiles on the companysinternal social site and 85 % use it tosearch for colleagues and find skillsets.
17. Community Home Page Reputation Point Categories Rating Badges Member Following Micro-blogging
18. Some *pains*: You cant share micro-blog post likeFacebook, Twitter. There is no bulk notification likeFacebook although you get notifiedthrough email. Limited number of people tagging Cant track fully activity of someone ifyou arent following him About me (Email, landing page)Must-read > http://www.jeremythake.com/2013/01/the-current-state-of-sharepoint-2013-social-collaboration/
19. Yammer +SharePoint A combination of Yammer &SharePoint On-Premises is ahuge *pain*. There are some duplicates:activity, newsfeeds, community,following Make end-user more confuse incompanys strategy
20. Must-read!!! Yammer and SharePoint: Enterprise socialroadmap update (http://bit.ly/15bs4lr) SharePoint focus of social networking plans(http://bit.ly/VT6i3Q) Why we picked SP 2013 social over Yammersocial for right now (http://bit.ly/13ctKtn) 10 Great Social Features For MicrosoftSharePoint 2013 (http://bit.ly/QTFxJI) Is SharePoint 2013 good enough to be yourenterprise social network?(http://bit.ly/Ppv0Yb) SharePoint 2013 Social vs. Yammer, What dowe choose right now? (http://bit.ly/15bE5Hi) and many more.