2. Want we bouwen aan de toekomst, we leven voor elkaar
3. WHAT IS BIM?
4. WHAT IS BIM? TECHNOLOGY, OR A PROCESS?
5. WHAT IS BIM?
6. HOLY GRAIL: CONNECTING EVERYTHING TO BIM Beyond BIM
7. The backside of the future: Todays practise
8. Voorlopig gaan we nog even door Op het lichtend pad het verkeerde spoor
9. 1998 (?) SHARED DATA MODEL shared data model
10. COMMON MISCONCEPTION: Shared data model is NOT equal to: Shared data(base) Shared BIM model instance Shared data model comes from the need to share/distribute data in a standardized way. lets agree this is a door shared data model == creating agreements (interoperability)
11. SO WHAT IS BIM? Beyond BIM
12. BIM == DATA Beyond BIM
13. 2008: BIMSERVER.ORG IFC DATABASE
14. 2010/11: NATIONAL BIMSERVER PILOT
15. 2012: REPORT
16. THERE IS NO CENTRAL MODEL (IN A MULTI DISCIPLINE PROJECT)
17. DENMARK 2006:
18. NL 2012:
19. FOUND CONCLUSION: WORKING (LIVE) IN A CENTRAL BIM HAS MORE DOWNSIDES THAN ADVANTAGES. (OWNERSHIP OF OBJECTS, LEGAL ASPECTS, BIM MANAGER, CHANGE REQUESTS, ETC...)
20. CENTRALIZING BIM STIMULATES WRONG BEHAVIOUR
21. THE REAL QUESTIONS ARE: WHAT DO I NEED TO DO MY JOB? WHAT DO OTHERS NEED FROM ME TO DO THEIRS?
22. HOW ABOUT ALL THESE CLOUD BIM PLATFORMS?
23. Open API Platform Extendable
25. Listoffeaturesontheleft Comparison of islands
26. THE SITUATION integration is nt about sitting on the same island You can only use the features of your island No crossing over to the other island for that one cool feature they have! No integration of features between islands! More on bimbots.org
27. BIM BOTS: DECENTRALIZING FEATURES Niche tools connecting to each other Getting the data to flow Connecting the dots! Beyond BIM
28. THE BUSINESS Automating tasks Individual applications; not dependence on a platform Can be closed source / ask money for specific features Can be more than one per topic (competition) Is centralized for the bot provider (big data analyses) This: Creates a new market for niche appliations (you dont have to choose an island anymore; combine features) Takes advantage of the fragmented nature of the industry Open approach instead of getting everyone on one island
30. URBAN ECO-SYSTEM Services ICT System Physical Infrastructure Services ICT System Physical Infrastructure Services ICT System Physical Infrastructure Services ICT System Physical Infrastructure Services ICT System Physical Infrastructure Services ICT System Physical Infrastructure Security domain Environment domain Energy domain Mobility domain Buildings domain Health domain EVERY DOMAIN UNIQUE
31. DATA DRIVEN INDUSTRY Many many (!) more data in the (near) future From many different sources Even shared data model will be impossible in the near future IFC is one of the many dataformats
32. AMSTERDAM ARENA Data driven operations Living BIM Working with information about traffic information, weather reports, seating availability, parking gate, beer taps, heating and cooling, automatic doors, fire system, temperature, waiting lines, video cameras (!), etc...