Group 2 Slide Share
- 1. The Effects ofEarly European Contactand theResponses of Mori
- 2. What was Pre European New Zealand like?
- Most Maori women were half naked.
- They only have one religion.
- Kumaras were their main cultivation.
- 3. How did Maori respond to the early Europeans?
- They killed some of them andwelcomed others.
- They attacked the Europeans
- 4. What were the effects of early Europeans on Maori?
- Mori became Christians through the European Missionaries.
- Mori learnt how to grow crops like potatoes from theEuropeans.
- Mori land was lost and bought by the Europeans.
- Mori way of fighting and weaponry changed and became more like theEuropeans.
- Mori had to change their place of living.
- Mori replaced many of their tools for Pakeha tools.
- Mori tapu was broken by the Europeans.
- Mori way of living was changed.