I talked about using mind mapping to explore user context first to extract user stories effectively. Using a mind mapping + UML software "JUDE". http://jude.change-vision.com/
Text of Exploring User Stories Through Mindmapping
1. Exploring User Stories through Mind Mapping Kenji HIRANABE Change Vision, Inc.
To understand what isMind Mappingand how software development can benefit from it.
To experience how to useMind Mapsto explore user wish and carve outUser Stories .
What is a Mind Map and Why
How Software Development Benefits from Using Mind Maps
Exploring User Wish using Mind Mapping
Lets try !
4. Kenji HIRANABE(1/2)
XP/ Agile books
C++ book OO, UML books Mind Map book 5. Kenji HIRANABE(2/2)
CEO ofChange Vision, Inc.
JUDE UML editor
With Mind Map, ERD
TRICHORD Agile Project Kanban Board
Kanban, Parking Lot,
Burndowns, Smiley Calendar
Ill talked about
Learning Kaizen from Toyota [with Mind Maps]
New Car Development in Toyota
Exploring User Stories through Mind Mapping
Dear XP song at the party
7. Stickyminds.com article Agile Modeling with Mind Map and UML Search: stickyminds Kenji HIRANABE 8. Mind Map
Graphical note technique
Visualize thoughts with a radiant structure
Loose syntax and semantics
Fast and Easy
High level View
Explore and Gather Ideas
9. da Vinci uses Pictures and Words at the same time 10. Mind Mapping
11. Kent Becks XP 2nd 12. Retrospectives using Keep/Problem/Try format 13. Product Feature Map in Release Planning 14. Seminar Ideas 15. Project Christmas Planning 16. Meeting Minutes Template 17. Design Patterns 18. Mastering the Requirements Processby Suzanne and James Robertson, 1999. 19. Self-Introduction Mind Map
Your name and your Icon
What describes you most
BOIs may be,
Why (you came to Tronto)?
What (do you do) ?
Favorites (sessions so far)
3-minute introduction in pairs
20. 21. User Stores: Ron Jeffries 3 Cs
Written on note cards.
Cards may be annotated with estimates, notes, etc.
Details behind the story come out during conversation with customer
Acceptance tests confirm the story was coded correctly
22. User Stories:Mike Cohn
Shift focus from writing to talking
Metaphor of Trawling (by Suzanne and James Robertson)
Requirements can be captured with different sized nets
Requirements change, mature, possibly die
Skill is a factor
Avoid The user, find Roles
In order to , as a , I want to ,
23. Mastering the Requirements Processby Suzanne and James Robertson, 1999. 24. User Wish Mind Map
The first step of getting what you want.
Get theBig Picture .
Who ? first.
Gather info and mineUseCases / User Stories .
City Library System Interview
26. Library Interview Mind Map 27. UseCase Diagram 28. User Stories Mind Map 29. User Wish Big Picture Mind Map User Stories Why? Who? When? Estimate, Plan, Prioritize, Test value role 30. Conclusion
Mind Mapping is effective when
Exploring topics freely
User interview with Mind Mapping
Gives a high-level view of user wish
Creates a big picture of the user wish from which you can carve out good use cases or user stories.