Embed Size (px)
- 1. ETHNOGRAPHY FURKAN KARAMAN
- 2. Ethnography
- Finding out what makes them contented,
- Expressing interest in what is important to them
- And letting them to teach you to see the world from their point of view.
- 3. Ethnography Process
- 4. Observation Types
- Ethnographer informs participants of their study and is transparent about research.
- Ethnography does not inform participants of the study and must balance ethical issue of deception
- 6. Ethnographic research access types
- 7. Ethnographic research access types
- 8. Ethnographic research access types
- 10. Disadvantages of Ethnography
- Being part of only one group.
- Translating field notes into data analysis is extremely hard.
- Ethnography study costs too much
- 11. Advantages of Ethnography
- Many people do not act like what they say, Ethnography analyzes cultures or groups tremendously deep, and gets reliable results.
- 12. Ethnography Studies