We are D3 and this is our credentials presentation. We Make connected experiences, objects and platforms. We are planners, designers, engineers and developers helping brands, ad agencies and start ups to innovate since 2002.
1. WE ARE D3.
2. WE MAKE CONNECTED EXPERIENCES, OBJECTS AND PLATFORMS.
3. WE ARE PLANNERS, DESIGNERS, ENGINEERS AND DEVELOPERS HELPING BRANDS AND AD AGENCIES TO INNOVATE SINCE 2002.
4. WEVE BEEN WORKING WITH AWESOME PEOPLE
5. WE MAKE PLANTS TALK
6. COCA COLAS DEL VALLE | TALKING PLANT. Imagine a plant capable of posting to Twitter when it needs to be watered or brought up to daylight: our Talking Plant brings us closer to a full internet of living things. Together with NBS and Del Valle, we developed a connected plant that could communicate its needs and talk to its owner through Twitter. We engineered its functioning using technologies such as light sensors, humidity sensors, fast-prototyping processor units and GPRS modules to transmit data wirelessly and tweet the plant's needs. Aside from the plant itself, we have also developed a custom APP to instantly visualize the current status of all plants at once. The plants were given to brazilian celebrities and important bloggers to take care of them, and have even been featured for an entire month on a daily talkshow at the biggest national television channel.
7. WE MAKE ARTIFICIAL SMART CREATURES
8. GOOGLE CREATIVE SANDBOX | SPIDER PLOTTER. Spider Plotter is a little robot capable of making the bridge between the digital and physical realms by means of drawings. During Google's Creative Sandbox 2012 edition, it listened to every participant's check-in and drew for each of them a little "+1" over the wall. Little by little these drawings formed the event's brand that welcomed everyone at the event's entrance hall. Held by a pair of nylon strings, stepper motors, pulleys, and commanded by electronic processor units and wi-fi modules, we designed and engineered both the front-end and back-end of the plotter's system. Aside from its first apparition at Google's event, Spider Plotter has already expressed its will to continue expressing its art more and more: it has become an open module currently waiting for exciting new projects requiring its skills!
9. WE MAKE DATA BEAUTIFUL
10. CIRCLE OF TRUST. What if it was possible to visualize our own social relationships in levels of trustiness? The Circle of Trust is an interface data-visualization experiment that maps your Google+ friends and shows the potential asymmetry of this particular social network by distinguishing the people inside your circle of trust (people that you trust, and they trust you), and those who are somehow outside. We have fully conceptualized and developed the APP. Entirely built in HTML5, it was created as a means to experiment with the brand new Google+ API that had just been out. Its actions all boils down to this: green are the people you have circled and they have circled you back, yellow are the people that you cared to circle but they didnt, and red are the ones that have circled you but you didnt care to circle them back.
11. WE MAKE OUTSTANDING INTERFACES
12. THE BLUE MAN GROUP BRASIL. Curiosity, connectivity, life-force and play. Those are the core artistic concepts of the Blue Man Group, in which we kept in mind in order to translate them into the new website of the brazilian group. As their official digital production company in Brazil, we were not only their website designers, but also part of their online strategy planning team. The main focus of the website was to create an experimental but yet simple interface and navigation system, totally user-centric and content-driven. Built with common web technologies, the website is dynamically updated by the groups online activities at different social media networks, such as Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and SoundCloud.
13. WE REINVENT BUSINESSES
14. COLETIVO AMOR DE MADRE. How to shape a new kind of gallery, one that escapes the trivial paradigms of showcasing and selling contemporary art and design pieces? Together with Coletivo Amor de Madre, we were able to reinvent their business by paying attention to the very physical experience of walking through the gallery: the process of discovering, learning and falling in love with art. We envisioned, designed and developed a platform containing an APP and a website that could somehow bring these experiences to a connected mobile atmosphere. The APP features just one curated art piece at a time, and works fluidly with the website that contains the current and previous commercialized pieces. The whole platform was developed using common web technologies with a special attention to their experiential simplicity, in which the user is guided and introduced step by step to the piece currently showcased.
15. WE RESEARCH AND EXPERIMENT
16. D3 ENVIRONMENT CINDER APP. Back in our headquarters, we have turned our own wall into a live interactive application. It acts like a live thermometer showing the relationship between us and our work environment. Different groups of sensors detect the information about the usage of the space and turn them into different lighting patterns on the wall. Aside from this automatic behavior, we have also developed an API for accessing the wall wirelessly through iPhone, which can be used from anywhere over the globe in order to interact with us by changing the patterns over our wall. The whole project had an extensive focus on research, in which we were able to experiment with different types of electronics and complex digital languages to achieve the results.
17. MAKE DESIGN PLAN ENGINEER CODE INNOVATIVE BITS AND ATHOMS.WE