Text of Creating An Automated Build and Deployment Infrastructure
1. Franz Garsombke [email_address]
Why Build and Deploy Automation?
The Open Source Tools
Proximity with Duct Tape
3. [email_address] Deliverables Time to Market Lifecycle Waterfall test 1 to 6 months Waterfall 12 to 36 months Waterfall deploy Working, tested code on short cycles Waterfall documentation Agile Software Development
4. Developer SCM Build Tester PO Check-Ins New Functionality Builds Feedback
5. Developer SCM Build Tester PO Check-Ins New Functionality Builds Feedback Feedback Test Automation Builds Feedback
Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool
Using a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project's build, reporting and documentation
Convention Over Configuration
Standardized Build Life Cycle
Plugins (reporting, testing, deployment, etc.)
Extensible continuous integration engine
Similar to CruiseControl, except that it easy to use and entirely browser based
Job creation literally takes minutes
Used as CI server and dedicated build machine
Java web application which serves as Maven proxy
Acts as one logical repository for publishing in-house and other external Maven artifacts which are not uploadable to Maven "central repository (like commercial projects, J2EE Jars, etc...).
13. [email_address] And this is what all this built up to: the Class of 2002/2003 Winter Semi-Formal. I'm the one in the duct tape tuxedo, hat, pants, cane, and shoes. Only the cane (which is over a wooden dowel rod) and the shoes contain non-duct-tape components, everything else is 100% pure tape. My date is Nicki *****, a friend from Math 223/224 . Her complete outfit (not everything pictured here) includes the dress, a handbag, a bow (for her hair), and a duct tape rose. Again, with the exception of the wire stem used in the rose, everything is 100% pure duct tape.