Playing the home advantageUK Nearshore Delivery Centers
Text of Capgemini Nearshoring
1. Playing the home advantageUK Nearshore Delivery CentersAndy BatesVP, Infrastructure Transformation ServicesMarch 2011
2. Why have UK Nearshore? For our customers Data Privacy Location Staff Retention EU Data Protection holds UK UK location means teams can Gives clients an extended companies accountable for interact 8 hours a day resource pool customer data stored with Close to International airports Staff retention is a major vendors (Directive 95/46/EC); Quick and easy access to strength of our UK locations. keeping data onshore isbecoming increasingly important Motorway and Rail links to UK Nearshore Delivery Centre to UK/EU corporations London and other major cities attrition rate for 2011 currently Allows staff to be deployed to stands at 10.7% customer sites where required Benefits of low attrition are: knowledge retention, continuity, increased productivity | Infrastructure Services 2 2011 Capgemini. All rights reserved.
3. For Capgemini ... Salary and Attracting and Adjusting theOperating Costs Retaining Staff Pyramid Like-for-like salaries are lower. Lifestyle change attracts Allows us to expand onshore Savings of up to 20% are existing staff and increases at lower levels to help us certainly achievable. satisfaction. adjust our staff pyramidTCO of employees is even lower Less competition means it is following several years of as impact of cheaper property, easier to recruit and retain limited growth. and associated services are factored in. staff. We can recruit apprentices There is a bigger pool of high and junior level grades. Per desk cost @Nairn approx 50% of cost @Woking quality resources to introduce Blending highly experienced into lower grades resource with closely mentored/supervised juniorGrants can help reduce the start- resource gives high value for up costs money | Infrastructure Services 3 2011 Capgemini. All rights reserved.
4. UK Delivery Centres Focus for UK RDC GrowthExpansion in our Infrastructure Delivery Centres Inverness Rotherham Nairn Bristol and Swansea Inverness and Nairn Glasgow EdinburghExpansion in our FS Delivery Centres: Newcastle Newcastle Preston Preston Rotherham Liverpool Liverpool Leeds Leeds Manchester Telford Aston Swansea Swindon Bristol London Woking Worthing | Infrastructure Services Insert Title, Author, Date" 4 2012 Capgemini. All rights reserved.
5. Capgeminis clients served Newcastle ClientsPreston x3 Tier One USClients Investment BanksX3 Tier One US x2 Tier OneInvestment Banks x1 European InvestmentTier One European Banks InvernessInvestment Bank Nairn x1 major Japanese Investment Bank Glasgow Edinburgh Newcastle Preston Liverpool Liverpool Rotherham Leeds Leeds Manchester Clients Aston Telford Clients Swansea Swindon x1 major Japanese x3 Tier One US Bristol Woking London Securities House Investment Banks Worthing x3 Tier One USx1 Tier One European Investment Banks Investment Bank x1 major British Bank x1 major Japanese Investment Bank Toltec and Swansea Rotherham Infrastructure Support for Secure Shared Service for Inverness Government Infrastructure Support & Nairn Clients for Private Sector Apps Packaging and 30+ Government, SOE Finance and Private sector clients | Infrastructure Services 5 2011 Capgemini. All rights reserved.
6. Services Available from our Regional UK Delivery Centres Service Management Server Support Consultancy DBA Service Desk Unix and Wintel Support IT Strategy Storage & Capacity Planning Service Management Virtualisation IT Governance Installation, Configuration, Service Delivery Storage Management Shared Services Upgrading & Patching Level 2&3 Support Level 4 Support IT Service Management Backup and Recovery Corefirst Installation Technical Architecture End User Computing Project Management Test