OpenText Infofusion - An Information Access Platform to Discover, Analyze, and Act on information sources throughout the organization.
Text of Announcing OpenText InfoFusion
1. AnnouncingOpenText InfoFusion
2. OpenText InfoFusionAn Information Access Platformto Discover, Analyze, and Acton information sourcesthroughout the organization.
3. ITs Challenge:Balance supportingthe business moreeffectively andreducing IT costs
5. 50% of investment inapplication developmentand support is spent justkeeping the lights on. Getting your applications fit for business http://www.cio.co.uk
7. IT Complexity: Mergers and acquisitions, departmentalsolutions, duplicate systems, information silos
8. Legacy Systems: Maintained for the content they contain
9. Spiraling Storage Costs: Storage budget increasingat a faster rate than IT budget
10. Un-integrated: Duplication and frustration whenusers are forced to become the integration layer
11. The result?
12. Massive volumes of unstructuredinformation housed in information silos atgreat cost and risk, with the promise ofuntapped value and insight.
14. Discover, Analyze andAct on informationsources throughout theorganization.
15. Switch off non-strategic systems to eliminate support and maintenance costs, manage the lifecycle of content, reduce vendor footprint and allow IT to be more agile and responsive.Content Migration: from one or many disparaterepositories to OpenText ECM
16. Save on infrastructure, support, and maintenance costs, while proving on- going, secure access to content as it is wound down through defensible disposition.Legacy Decommissioning: Migrate, enrich, andarchive structured business data from any legacysystem to OpenText ECM
17. Reduce costs and increase security and compliance through archiving. Further risk and cost reduction through defensible disposition combined with comprehensive search and litigation hold capabilities.Content Archiving: One-time or ongoing archive ofunmanaged content to OpenText ECM
18. Extract value from aging systems and improve end- user experience and efficiency through unified access to information through intuitive applications that ensure that end users do not replace Enterprise Applications with consumer applicationsContent Aggregation and Integration: Unifiedaccess to content in critical content sources such asFileNet, Documentum, SharePoint
19. A Single Information Access Platform! Reduced infrastructure, application overlap, and indexes while increasing consistency in search, support, and infrastructureRapid Development of EIA Applications: A robustset of APIs and a reusable widget library, plus avaried and growing list of connectors
21. Discover: Connect to different data sources, throughthe use of search, and understand and analyze thecontent.
22. Analyze: Through content analytics, visualization, andreporting to provide insight, answers and the capacityto make decisions on enterprise information.
23. Act: Move, migrate, copy, and delete content, andchange permissions and apply litigation holds forimproved agility and governance.
24. Embrace a fully integrated vision of EIMwith InfoFusion a modular, standards-based platform that unifies informationfor improved governance and a smarterenterprise.