ALL OF GOD'S TEN COMMANDMENTS MUST BE KEPT. THE BIBLE URGES MANKIND WHO ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS THEIR SAVIOUR TO BE PERFECT IN CHRIST OR IN THE HOLY SPIRIT; NOT IN THE FLESH.
- 1. THE THREE ANGELS MESSAGES 16. THE COMMANDMENTS OFGOD
2. COMMANDMENTS: OUT-LIVE & OUT-LAST
- And thedragonwas wroth with thewoman , and went to makewarwith theremnant of her seed , which keep thecommandments of God , and have thetestimonyof Jesus Christ.
- Woman: Gods [Pure/True] church
- Remnant of her seed: The remnant of Jesus
- Here is the patience of the saints: here [are]they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus .
3. CONTRAST: HER SEED & THE BEAST
- Worshipthe antichrist [Beast]
4. EXPRESSION: KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD...
- And God spake all these words, saying, Thou shalt have no other gods before me .Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them : for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God,And showing mercy unto thousands of them thatloveme, andkeepmy commandments.
5. WHICH OF THESE TABLETS?
- MATTHEW 19:17-20 [The rich young ruler]
- But if thou wilt enter into life,keep the commandments . He saith unto him,Which?Jesus said, Thou shalt do nomurder , Thou shalt notcommit adultery , Thou shalt notsteal , Thou shalt notbear false witness ,Honour thy father and [thy] mother : and, Thou shaltlove thy neighbouras thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
6. DID THE RICH YOUNG RULER KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD?
- All these things have I kept from my youth up:what lack I yet ?
- And he said unto them,Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.For Moses said,Honour thy father and thy mother ; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death...
- Which commandment is Moses referring to?
7. WHEN WAS THE TEN COMMANDMENTS GIVEN TOISRAEL?
- And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and [how] I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself .
- Would it be just for God to ask Israel to keep his commandments while they were under another master?
8. EXODUS 19:5, 6
- Now therefore, if ye willobey my voice indeed , andkeep my covenant , thenye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people...
- And all the people answered together, and said,All that the LORD hath spoken we will do ....
- The day that thou stoodest before the LORD thy God in Horeb, when the LORD said unto me, Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and [that] they may teach their children
9. And hedeclared unto you his covenant ,whichhe commanded you to perform, [even] ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone . -Did God give and instruct Israel to keep hisCommandments? -Did God expect Israel to love and obey hisCommandments? Israel said: All that the Lord has said, we will do. EXODUS 32:Israel worships the golden calf 10. LETS REVISIT ISRAELS BONDAGE IN EGYPT
- And God spake all these words, saying,I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage .
- And the Egyptians made the children of Israel toserve with rigour : And they made their livesbitter with hard bondage , inmortar, and in brick, and in all manner of service in the field :
- And the children of Israelsighedby reason of the bondage, and theycried , and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.
11. GOD IS GOOD!
- God delivers Israel from slavery
- God sustains them in the dessert
- God feeds Israel with heavens food
- God quenches Israels thirst
- God preserves Israels clothes and sandals
- God shades Israel with a cloud by day and warms them with fire by night
- Note: Israel saw Gods Ten Commandments
- Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make anew covenantwith the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt ;which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD :But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD,I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people .
13. A STUBBORN PEOPLE
- The Ten Commandments was given in 1400 B.C., and written on two tablets of stone
- A New Covenant: 600 B.C [By the Prophet JEREMIAH]written in theirhearts
- Between Gods Law and JEREMIAHS writing: 800 years ofrebellion.
14. NEW COVENANT: WITHIN NOT WITHOUT
- OLD TESTAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Ancient Israels problem: Behaviour
- Israels problem: Sin [open]
- Modern Israels problem: Heart
- Israels problem: Sin [secret]
15. ALL HUMANITY: HEART CONDITION
- And God saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] everyimagination of the thoughts of his heart[was] only evil continually.
- The heart [is]deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it ?
- For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
16. ROMANS 7:18-22
- For I know that in me ( that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing : for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I delight in the law of God after theinward man :
- For where yourtreasure is, there will your heartbe also.
- Ogeneration of vipers , how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of theheartthe mouth speaketh.
- Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commitadultery : But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in hisheart .
- But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from theheart ; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceedevil thoughts ,murders ,adulteries ,fornications ,thefts ,false witness ,blasphemies :
18. PHARISEES: DASHING YET DEVILISH
- He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This peoplehonourethme with [their]lips , but theirheartis far from me.
- Woe unto you,scribesandPharisees , hypocrites! for ye makeclean the outside of the cup and of the platter , butwithin they are full of extortion and excess . [Thou] blind Pharisee, cleanse first that [which is]withinthe cup and platter, that theoutsideof them may be clean also.
19. WHY ARENT SOME CHRISTIANS ABLE TO KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD?
- Because they aredrunkwith Babylons wine
- 2 SAMUEL 11:13, 15 [Davids affair with Uriah]
- And when David had called him, he did eat and drink before him;and he made him drunk : and at even he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but went not down to his house. And he wrote in the letter, saying, Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottestbattle , and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die.