2. Who We Are We believe in the conjunction of business and community partnership as an answer to the most pressing challenges of society today. Vikasa International Center will provide a platform for mutually enriching partnerships between corporates, entrepreneurs, institutions and communities.
3. About Us Vikasa International Center is the newest initiative of SOPAR-Bala Vikasa, a registered, secular and apolitical non-profit organization founded in 1977 by Mr Andre Gingras, a French Canadian diplomat and development expert and Mrs Bala Theresa Gingras, an Indian philanthropist.
4. Our Unique Approach Our unique partnership model aligns long-term, business and community relationships, because we believe business can help end poverty. We know that real change is led by community driven development, which focuses on existing assets of the community in creating positive socio-economic environments around the less privileged sections, communities and regions.
5. Our value propositionfor business, social entrepreneurs and impact investors: We promote community centric social enterprises to create impact in remote and underserved geographies We actively seek and promote social innovation and collaborative partnerships in making larger impact We provide leadership in ethical and equitable sustainable development models
6. Social Entrepreneurship
7. Social Entrepreneurship We believe that social entrepreneurship is the panacea to tackle the dual challenges of poverty and sustainability we face with growing concern in India today.
8. Inequality has doubled in the last 20 years and 400 million people live on less than a dollar a day.
9. Rapidly depleting natural resources means alternative measures must be adopted immediately for environmental sustainability.