6 Personas of Sharers
Today, with content being hosted on multiple platforms beyond brands' company pages, just a few clicks could take the material to five million people. These 'sharers' are categorized into of six personas - Altruists, Careerists, Hipsters, Boomerangs, Connectors and Selectives. A good viral is one that appeals to all six types.
- 6Personas Of Sharers
- According to research conducted by New York Times'Customer Insight Group,sharing acts as 'information management'; 73% of the respondents said they process information more deeply, thoroughly and thoughtfully when they share it.
- 1.Altruists Who share to help people "Do not wait for leaders; do it alone,person to person"-Mother Teresa
- 2.Careerist Who share things related to business interests. Digital reading will completely take over.It's lightweight and it's fantastic for sharing. Over time it will take over.-Bill Gates
- 3.Hipsters Those who share content for creative expression. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.-Steve Jobs
- 4.Boomerangs People who share for social validation and assign a lot of importance to others'reactions to what they share. You are what you share. C.W.Leadbeater
- 5.Connectors For whom sharing is a means to an end such as enhancing their interpersonal relationships. The thing that we are trying to do at Facebook,is just help people connect and communicate more efficiently.-Mark Zuckerberg
- 6.Selectives Those who share in a customised manner,after analyzing how relevant the material is to the target recipients I dont like to share my personal life it wouldnt be personal if I shared it. George Clooney
- Thanks and Good luck! Tweet your questions & suggestions to @Hmarketer or @choudharyhp