1. Develop and Grow your Audience with Google Analytics @buyukgokcesu BoostingConversion.com BoostingConversion.com Cemal Buyukgokcesu Analytics and Conversion Consultant
2. Understand Your Audience
3. Customer behavior is changing profoundly The customer journey is now much more complex, and moves seamlessly across multiple devices, and from online to offline. The good news is, its also much more measurable with the right tools.
4. More data? No, thanks...
5. CMOs feel unprepared to... source: IBM CMO Research
6. Being afraid of data does not help!
7. The fundamentals of increased insight Audience Who are you reaching? Acquisition Where are they coming from? Behaviour How are they reacting to your messages? Conversions Are they taking action?
8. How Google Analytics works? source: http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/google-analytics-visitor-segmentation-users-sequences-cohorts/
9. A metric is a measurement MetricsDimensions Dimensions describe attributes Number of visits Number of visitors Page views Time on site Visitor city or region Referring traffic source Browser type Operating System
10. My PVs have increased by 20% - so what?
11. If you torture the data long enough, it will confess. Ronald Coase Professor Emeritus of Economics University of Chicago Law School
12. All data in aggregate is "useless"
13. Add context to your data! Segment: To find out more about the metric Never report a metric without segmenting it source: http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/excellent-analytics-tip2-segment-absolutely-everything/
14. Segment your visitors in meaningful ways
15. When we segment AdSense clickers, Analytics will become a huge AdSense report
16. Know how your audience behaves
17. Focus on areas with higher user attention - Top left corner gets the attention first - People read in F-patterns - Left side of the page gets more attention that the right. source: http://www.uvsc.edu/disted/decourses/dgm/2740/IN/steinja/lessons/05/docs/eyetrack_iii.pdf & http: //www.nngroup.com/articles/f-shaped-pattern-reading-web-content/ & http://www.videodim.com/Eye%20gaze%
18. In-page Analytics: Ideas for Publishers Put the ad below navigation bar Create site specific In- Page report
19. Visitor Flow
20. Bounce Rate: Sexiest metric ever?
21. Analyze bouncers vs non-bouncers Where did they come from? What campaigns? What landing pages? goo.gl/HBYkUS source: http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/advanced-analytics-visitor-segments-engagement-social-media-search-long-tail/
22. Improve pages with higher bounce rates
23. How engaged are your users?
24. Does AdSense impact user engagement?
25. If not used correctly Site Search can lead to bad user experience source: http://conversionxl.com/copywriting-based-on-the-science-of-persuasion/ Talk to your visitors and see what language and exact phrases theyre using when talking about your content - 22% of searches give zero results - 85% of searches don't return what the user is looking for - 80% will abandon the website
26. AFS Potential with Site Search Report
27. See search terms bringing most revenue
28. Site Search Dashboard goo.gl/KpY6A
29. Compare speed of different browsers: Did you optimize for mobile devices?
31. Use Custom Dashboards for quick insights - Performance overview by displaying summaries of different reports - Solutions Gallery to download ready-to-use dashboards and reports
32. AdSense Dashboard goo.gl/8wZv4Y
33. Shakespeare invented over 1700 of our common words Be creative!
34. Grow with your audience
35. Demographics and Interest Reports
36. source: 2011 Social Marketing Survey (eMarketer / Chief Marketer, Oct 2011
37. If you invest in social media, focus on conversation rate, amplification rate and applause rate source: http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/six-visual-digital-marketing-analytics-strategic-solutions/
38. What actually matters in Social Media? 1. The number of Friends / Followers / Subscribers? 2. The number of posts / tweets? 3. The Followers to Following ratio?
39. What matters is everything that happens after you post / tweet / participate! source: http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/six-visual-digital-marketing-analytics-strategic-solutions/ Did you grab attention? Did you deliver delight? Did you cause people to want to share? Did you initiate a discussion? Did you cause people to take an action? Did your participation deliver economic value? The so what? question matters!
40. Aim for high conversation rate! source: http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/six-visual-digital-marketing-analytics-strategic-solutions/ - Most brands do TV on social media - Social media channel has the word social in it! Social as in talk and listen and discuss. Conversation Rate = # of Audience Comments (or Replies) Per Post
41. Measure Amplification: The rate at which your followers share your content through their network source: http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/six-visual-digital-marketing-analytics-strategic-solutions/ - Measure what pieces of content (type) cause amplification - Then do more of the type of content that increase amplification Amplification = # of Retweets/Shares Per Tweet/Post
42. Measure Applause Rate source: http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/six-visual-digital-marketing-analytics-strategic-solutions/ - You get a much deeper understanding of what your audience likes Twitter Applause Rate = # of Favs Per Post Facebook Applause Rate = # of Likes Per Post Google+ Applause Rate = # of +1s Per Post YouTube Applause Rate = # of +1s Per Video
43. Social Media Dashboard goo.gl/nAfKMK
44. Continuous Testing should be a part of your business DNA for Continuous Growth DETERMINE A GOAL SETUP TEST & TEST METRICS RUN THE EXPERIMENT ANALYZE RESULTS
45. Content Experiments in Google Analytics Content Experiments replaces the old Website Optimizer
46. Content Experiments You can select the goal to test and the amount of visitors included in the experiment.
47. Content Experiments in Google Analytics
48. Content Experiments in Google Analytics
49. Content Experiments in Google Analytics
50. Which one is the correct map of the world? 10/90 Rule
51. Thank you! @buyukgokcesu BoostingConversion.com BoostingConversion.com Cemal Buyukgokcesu Analytics and Conversion Consultant