3. 1 What is a campaign? 2 Where to start? 3 Your offer 4 Promotion 5 Measure
4. 1 What is an Inbound Campaign?
5. When Marketers say campaign they usually mean one of a few things... An automated drip email campaign. An ad campaign, like a print ad, commercial, etc. A Salesforce campaign (a list of people.)
6. What campaigns are you currently running?
7. What we actually mean.. A strategy that aligns a set of assets and marketing channels around a prospect or event in order to achieve a particular goal.
8. They include: Solution: An Inbound Campaign
9. What makes an inbound campaign different? Starts with the customer in mind. Uses integrated, multi-channel tools for multiple touch-points that connect all your efforts. Results based on leads / customers NOT just clicks.
10. What are examples of inbound campaigns? New product launch. Conference or event. An offer, ebook, or webinar.
11. 2 Where to start
12. IT ALL COMES BACK TO BUYER PERSONAS!
13. #inbound12 White Buyer Personas Building Buyer Personas tell us who we are creating content for and why they will buy from us.
14. What is a Buyer Persona?
15. Semi- fictional representations of your ideal customer based on real data and some select educated speculation about customer demographics, behavior patterns, motivations, What is a Buyer Persona?
16. Fictional characters that represent your IDEAL customers Buyer Personas ARE
17. MARKETING MARY Professional marketer (VP, Director, Manager) Mid-sized company (25-200 employees) Small marketing team (1-5 people) BComm (BU), MBA (Babson) 42, Married, 2 Kids (10 and 6) Goals: Support sales with collateral and leads Manage company communications Build awareness Challenges: Too much to do Not sure how to get there Marketing tool and channel mess Loves HubSpot because: Easy to use tools that make her life easier Learn inbound marketing best practices Easier reporting to sales and CEO
18. Persona Name BACKGROUND: DEMOGRAPHICS: IDENTIFIERS: GOALS: CHALLENGES: HOW WE HELP:
19. How do we gather that information?
20. Interview customers Ask open ended questions Ask questions on Social Media
21. 1 How many personas do you have? 2 How often do you rethink their challenges? 3 Can everyone in your business describe them?
22. 3 Your Offers
23. Relevance and value!
24. WHAT IS A KEYWORD? PERSPECTIVE: Consumer/ Prospect Once we know what they
25. Recycled Curated Created CoMarket Resources Required Expected Results Your Content Types
26. Recycle! Multiple posts & Formats
27. Created: Most viewed blog post of all time
28. Co-Marketing is great for net new contacts
29. Curated: less effort
30. Your website as a digital collage or mix tape. Express yourself through sharing fresh content with your followers Other Peoples Content
31. Where to source? Goodreads - Quotations LinkedIn Pulse - Aggregator Flipboard - Aggregator Alltop.com Trending content Feedly.com Your own library Other Peoples Content
32. Industry specific sites networking Avvo for lawyers Dribble for designers The Engineering Exchange for Engineers CIOzone for CIOs Quora is our favorite catch-all Get to Wikipedia for a list of all of them Other Peoples Content
33. When do you publish your content?
34. Content Calendar
35. 4 Promotion
36. Promotion should feed into your inbound efforts by promoting every piece of content. Think of it as the thread that ties your campaign together.
37. If you spend 10 hours developing a piece of content, you should spend at least 10 hours promoting it. @Searchbrat
38. Where do you promote your offers?
39. Link to LPs for conversion More visibility thought leadership Delight customers by responding timely to their remarks Good content creates evangelists
40. Segmented emails get more clicks than email blasts. Source: Marketing Sherpa 50%
41. Segment your database on previous behavior Re-use related offers Amazon style recommendations on thank you pages Consistent branding Use personalization Email Best Practice
42. What To Segment On? Persona Age Job title Gender Seniority Lifecycle stage Company Organization type Industry Past purchases Products Size Behavior Pages visited Purchase cycle Number of conversions
43. Posts Jobs Survey Weeks E-Newsletter Issue Digest Bulletin Edition Giveaway Tips Video News Monthly Headlines Latest Updates
44. Blogs convert.
45. Companies that blog convert 70% more leads than those that dont blog.
46. Multiple posts around one offer Optimize old posts with new CTA Align your offers with your personas Align your offers with your buyers journey Blogging Best Practice
47. WHAT IS A KEYWORD? Social Media should tie in with all the rest of your marketing efforts!
48. Early access for influencers 70% of new leads find us organically through old offers Use Amazon-style related offers Use your keywords Consistent branding Social Media Best Practice
49. The Possible Eyeballs You Can Generate
50. 5 Measure
51. Is marketing aligned with sales?
52. Revenue goals How many Marketing Qualified Leads? How many Sales Qualified Leads? What is the current close rate? Response time to customer questions? How to respond to complaints? Social Engagement Service Level Agreement
53. How did you perform on different parts of your campaign?