1. 7 Tips for Content Marketing legacy-financial-partners.com 1.877.614.0141 PRESENTED BY LEGACY FINANCIAL PARTNERS
2. Advisors, especially older ones, often struggle with making heads or tails of content marketing. With so many platforms and channels, each with their own style of engagement, it can seem daunting. While there can be advanced technical strategies, the core of content marketing is pretty simple. Used in an efficient manner, content marketing can be a valuable strategy that doesnt take too much of your time to maintain. INTRODUCTION HERE ARE SEVEN SIMPLE TIPS FOR DEVELOPING YOUR CONTENT MARKETING STRATEGY:
3. One of the key ways advisors fail with content marketing is consistency. It will generally be better to have regular posts spread over a larger time period than a short burst of content. Advisors that do the latter often find that they dont have enough topics or material to maintain a consistent flow. If you wait to be inspired, youll find that you wont be able to engage with your audience regularly. This can kill any momentum with the audience you have built or prevent your audience from growing further. BE CONSISTENT
4. Your content can be a simple update, a short summary of a relevant article, an in-depth piece explaining a solution, or a list of things your audience needs to know. While having a few standard styles can be helpful to plan your content strategy and let consumers know what to expect, mixing in posts that are shorter, longer, or composed in a different style, helps to ration your content. It also may help to reach a wider variety of consumersthose that like longer articles, those that like lists, or those that like short status updates, etc.
5. Your content should reflect your skills and knowledge, with consistency. You dont know what might trigger a reader to call you for an appointment, so discuss a variety of topics with competency and meaning. Even if a topic isnt relevant to one type of consumer, the fact that you write about it truthfully and can relate it to those consumers for which it does matter, demonstrates the breadth of your knowledge. DEMONSTRATE EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
6. Obviously you want to present content that is professional and compliance friendly. But within these guidelines there is a way to write in your voice. Personality goes a long way to making complicated topics go down smooth. People relate to you more, because you are not just a robot churning out boring copy, but rather a human being composing relatable content. DON T BE AFRAID OF PERSONALITY
7. Obviously you want to present content that is professional and compliance friendly. But within these guidelines there is a way to write in your voice. Personality goes a long way to making complicated topics go down smooth. People relate to you more, because you are not just a robot churning out boring copy, but rather a human being composing relatable content. USE CLEAR PHOTOS AND BRANDING
8. So youve been using a content marketing strategy for a while, getting engagements such as likes or comments. Your instinct is probably to turn these consumers into clients. This is, after all, the ultimate goal. But being too aggressive can turn off a consumer. The difficulty with engaging people through your content marketing channels is knowing when you cross the line from business to personal. With Facebook and Twitter, you generally shouldnt send an inbox message to a consumer that responds to a public post. In LinkedIn, it may be appropriate. The difference is that LinkedIn is primarily used for building business relations, while Facebook and Twitter have large user bases that are personal. Engage consumers where they engage you and be satisfied that people are responding to the content you are putting out. DON T BE TOO AGGRESSIVE WITH THOSE THAT ENGAGE WITH YOUR CONTENT
9. Content marketing wont likely give you immediate results. It takes time to build and maintain an audience. This can be very frustrating for advisors because it may seem like your efforts arent being rewarded. Understand that using content to promote yourself will take a while to pay off. But the benefits are there. You never know what will inspire a consumer to call you. With constant, fresh content, you are helping your SEO appearance. MANAGE YOUR EXPECTATIONS
10. Legacy Financial Partners is an independent and full service Life Insurance and Annuity FMO that provides specific marketing solutions to help their clients succeed. Using dynamic tactics, an extensive support network and progressive marketing options, Legacy Financial Partners provides unique and specific development strategies to our business partners.