1. 1 Dr. So Whats Short Reads for Thoughtful People 2015
2. Short Reads for Thoughtful People @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com2 Great books transform your thinking, shifting your perspective into a richer understanding of life. Dr. So Whats list of Short Reads for Thoughtful People will do just that. Theres a bonus: readers need not fear that these book will fall prey to the so-called Stephen Hawking book syndrome. Whats that? A book that everyone purchases but few read all the way through. In contrast, you will find the books on the following slides profound, thought provoking and a joy to read.
3. Endurance by Alfred Lansing @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com3 If you want to know what adventure, courage and leadership are all about, then read make that, consume this book.
4. Flatland by Edwin Abbott @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com4 Youll learn how to think in multiple dimensions and how to look at the world from different perspectives.
5. . Animal Farm by George Orwell @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com5 Propagandists never rest. Thats why you need to read about their tricks.
6. Night by Elie Wiesel @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com6 A joyful spirit lacking a profound understanding of evil breeds folly into the soul. This book provides the antidote.
7. Surely Youre Joking, Mr. Feynman! by Richard Feynman @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com7 Professor Feynman is not your typical Nobel Prize-winning physicist. Through his playful antics and tales, you will learn to appreciate the deep patterns of thoughtful inquiry.
8. Alices Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com8 Truths about language, paradox, and wonder abound in this classic tale.
9. The Wisdom of Psychopaths by Kevin Dutton @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com9 The paradoxical title provides the premise for this delightfully counterintuitive read.
10. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com10 These playfully diabolic missives from a senior devil to his protg compel readers to contemplate self- deceptive and self- defeating behaviors.
11. Leadership and Self-Deception by The Arbinger Institute @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com11 Every leader should be required to read this book and revisit (at least once a year) the thoughts they highlight.
12. On Bullshit by Harry G. Frankfurt @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com12 This book provides the antidote to a world full of ****** or something we could euphemistically call a world full of non- optimized thinking.
13. A Spy Among Friends by Ben Macintyre @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com13 Lies, deceit, and treachery among friends provide the backdrop for this fascinating Cold War story. And, it provides a cautionary tale for all who work in organizations.
14. The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com14 Profound, deep and thought-provoking notions will leave you pondering your personal relationships far into the night.
15. Good Strategy Bad Strategy by Richard Rumelt @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com15 Some who write about strategy tend to make the subject more complex than it need be. In contrast, this book simplifies a profound idea in ways that can guide your decision-making for a lifetime.
16. The Ghost Map by Steven Johnson @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com16 A wonderful primer on pattern detection, tenacity and the scientific method.
17. Now What? @DrSoWhatDrSoWhat.com17 Like the selection? Sign up for more of Dr. So Whats weekly thought quotes, statistics, and tips at: www.DrSoWhat.com Get ready for forthcoming Slideshares Dr. So Whats Essential Reads for Aspiring Leaders (forthcoming) Dr. So Whats Peculiar Reads for the Curious (forthcoming) Read the books in this Slideshare. Enjoy. Share. Think.