GOVT.AYURVEDIC MEDICAL COLLEGE.
DO YOU REALLY CARE ?
MUDRA means to seal or
lock. It denotes position or
symbolic gestures which
close the body apertures,
where the fingers are hold
together with special
MUDRAS INDICATED IN EYE
DISEASES:-1) VAYU MUDRA.
2) VARUNA MUDRA
3) JNANA MUDRA
4) PRITHVI MUDRA
5) JALODARA NASHA MUDRA
6) MAKARA MUDRA
7) PRANA MUDRA
8) MAHASHIRSHA MUDRA
VAYU MUDRA :-[ FEELING OF HEAVINESS ON EYES ]
Place a thumb down on index finger & keep all remaining 3 fingers
Do this 3 times a day before meals for 15 min.
INDICATION;- For eradicating, feeling of heaviness on eyes.
Relief from Rheumatism , Sciatica
Joint pain in hands and feet
VARUNA MUDRA:-[BURNING & DRY EYES]
Join your little finger to tip of your thumb. Keep other fingers comfortably straight.
Sit in Padmasana & practice this mudra with outstretched palm on knee for 3-5 min; 3 times a day.
INDICATION:-Burning &Dryness of eyes.
Redness of eyes.
Purification of blood
Relax muscles cramps.
GYANA MUDRA:-[WEAK EYE SIGHT & RETINAL PROBLEMS]
METHOD:-The thumb and index finger are brought together gently
while all the other fingers remain upright.
Practice this sitting posture and do 3-5 min, thrice a day.
weakness of eyes
PRITHVI MUDRA:-[PREVENTING CATARACT]
METHOD:-Place the tip of the ring finger on top of the thumb or alternatively, one
can bend down the ring finger to touch palm & press it with thumb.
Extend all the fingers & keep them comfortably straight as
possible. sit as straight with knees folded & palms stretched out on knees.
INDICATION :- Early Cataract.
To get Glowing skin.
JALODARA NASHAKA MUDRA:-
[STOPPING EXCESS TEARS FLOW FROM EYES]
Place a thumb down on little finger & keep all remaining 3
fingers comfortably straight.
Practice this mudra 2-3 times per day.
INDICATION :-Stooping excess tears flow.
Eyelids will not stick to each other.
To enhance beauty.
Removes impurity from blood.
MAKARA MUDRA:-[FOR DARK CIRCLES AROUND THE EYES]
1) Place one hand inside the other.
2) Extend the thumb of your lower hand through the little
finger & ring finger of the other & place in the middle of the
palm of your upper hand.
3) In the last step, the other hands thumb & the tip of your
ring finger touch each other.
4) Practice 2-3 times per day.
Dark circles around the eyes.
1. Place a ring finger & little finger at the tip of thumb.
2. Keep index and middle finger straight.
3. Practice this mudra 2-3 min per day.
Problem of eye sight.
Increase physical and mental strength.
METHOD:-1. Place a tip of the thumb, index finger & middle finger
2. Place a ring finger in to the fold of the thumb.
3. Keep ring finger extended.
4. Join the index finger , middle finger with the thumb
finger at the tip.
5. Practice this mudra 3 times a day.
1) Sit in comfortable position.[Padmasana]
2) Mudra do in both the hands.
3) Mudras should practice 3-5 min per day.
4) Practice should be increase gradually.