- 1. Keys to Homeopathic Detoxification Millicent Holliday, R.N., N.D. Quintessential Health Care
2. Brief History of Medicine
- Hippocrates(460-350 B.C.)- Father of Medicine)
- By similar things a disease is produced, and through the application of the like, it is cured.
3. Brief History of Medicine(contd)
- Galen(130-200 A.D.)- Greek physician
- natural cure by the likes.
4. Brief History of Medicine(contd)
- Theophastus Von Bombast (1493-1541)pseudonymParacelsus
- the same must cure the same.
- Believed that every diseased organ has its corresponding remedy in nature.
- All things in excess are poison; it is the dosage that makes a thing not poison.
5. Father of Homeopathy
- Samuel Hahnemann(1755-1843)-German Physician, Father of Modern Homeopathy
- More people died of their treatment rather than their disease.
6. Hahnemanns Philosophy
- The physician's high and only mission is to restore the sick to health, to cure, as it is termed.The highest ideal of cure is the speedy, gentle and enduring restoration of health, or the removal and annihilation of disease in its entirety by the quickest, most trustworthy and least harmful way according to principles that can be readily understood.
- Every medicine, which among the symptoms it can cause in a healthy body, reproduces those most present in a given disease, is capable of curing the disease in the swiftest, most through and most enduring fashion .
7. BioEnergic Medicine
- In every organism (body) is a flow-system; the maintaining of the equilibrium of that flow is vital to the health of the organism.
- This flow can be disturbed by toxins which tend to damage the organism. The organism attempts to defend itself against this threat.
- This battle between the normal biological flow and the toxins manifest as disease.
8. The Road Less Traveled
- Both allopathic and homeopathic disciplines have their foundations in the same source.
- Vaccinations, for instance, are an example of this.
- Where, then, did these roads diverge?
9. Herings Law
- Reversal of onset of symptoms
- More vital organs to least vital organs
Dr. Constantine Hering(1800-1880) Father of American Homeopathy 10. Arndt-Schultzs Law
- Small doses of drugs encourage life activity
- Large material doses of drugs impede or suppress life activity
- Very large doses destroy life activity
11. Hahnemann Potentization
- Progressively diluting the mother tinctures to reduce the quantity of drug administered renders the treatment safe but also enhances the therapeutic activity.
12. Hahnemanns Method
13. Potency Values
- Centesimal SeriesC: 1:100
- Millesimal Series M: 1:1000
- Higher PotenciesMM:1:10,000
14. Function of Potencies
- Decimal Series:Detoxification
- Centesimal Series:Detoxification withemphasis in theemotional range ofhealing
- Millesimal Series:Chronic, long-standing,often miasmic range ofhealing
15. Types of Homeopathic Remedies
- Nosode: Morbid or diseased tissue ornoxious substances
- Sarcode: Fresh organs, glandular ortissue extracts removed fromhealthy pigs, sheep or cattle
- Isode: Derived from the causativeagent of the disease takenfrom the patient
16. Reckeweg Homotoxicology
- Organism attempts to defend itself against threats
- Battle between normal biological flow and the toxins manifests as disease
- Disease is the bodys attempt to counteract and expel toxins
- Seven Phases: Excretion; Reaction; Deposition; Biological Divide; Impregnation; Degeneration; Neoplasm
17. The Bodys 7 Defense Phases
- Excretion Phase:expulsion of toxins through physical orifices
18. The Bodys 7 Defense Phases(contd)
- Reaction Phase:removal of
- toxins by means of inflammation
- Arthritis, etc., etc., etc.
19. The Bodys 7 Defense Phases(contd)
- deactivation of the toxins in
- connective & adipose tissue
- and in the vascular system
20. Biological Division!
- The Excretion Phase applies to all three of the previously mentioned phases, and in each of these phases the homeopathic remedy can lead to true recovery, because the biochemical mechanism of the cells is not damaged.If this does occur, it is expressed in a further series of phases.
21. Impregnation Phase:
22. Degeneration Phase:
23. Neoplasm Phase
24. Regressive Vicariation
- In contrast to many standard therapies, homeopathic remedies, being similar to the disease,stimulates the defensive mechanisms, often giving rise to aggravation,which is the only natural way to recover.With chronic disease the aggravation (healing crisis) manifests as a recurrence of the old symptoms in a less intense way, this is referred to asRegressive Vicariation.
25. Brief Review!
26. What does all of this tell us?
- The path to health is well charted.
- Traditional therapies often complicate the healing process.
- Homeopathy & nutritional supplementation works with the natural healing process of the body.
- Things mayappearto get worse before they get better.
- The key to good health isDETOXIFICATION!!