1. Urban Soils - Ecologically Disturbed Sites 5/3/15 Adaptive Leadership in Organic Land Care
2. What is an adaptive challenge?
3. Adaptive Challenge Requires philosophical and behavioral change, putting us at the forefront of our capabilities. It can not simply be solved through technical means.
4. Fritz 1868 Haber 1934
5. Sound Horticultural Practice - Process Based 1. Soil Management Testing and Diagnosis 2. Composting Natural Nutrient Cycling 3. Plant Selection and Placement 4. Pest and Disease Control - Non-Toxic 5. Irrigation Management - Water conservation 6. Proper Planting Techniques 7. Proper Pruning Techniques
6. Soil Structure
7. Upper Root Zone 12 Lower Root Zone 12 Base Component ***** 12 Sub-Soil Soil Horizon
14. March 10 Test Plot May 2 Control May 2nd Test Plot
15. Rose F Kennedy Greenway
16. Existing Conditions Soils with low nutrient cycling capacity Boxwood doing poorly as a result Boxwood Increasing Natural Nutrient Cycling Capacity By: Injecting a Liquid Biological Amendment high in fungi and protozoa into root zones of Boxwoods. Holes backfilled with an organic food source.
17. Turf condition Turf had a 1.5 inch layer of thatch along with only a 3-inch developed root system.